Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN PLEASE REMOVE

Lowfrequency90

Thinking about selling this, its been my first 5er and as stunning and great sounding it is - don't think the low B is for me.

Bought late 09, ordered from the bass gallery, its one of the last produced by lakland and is in great condition.

The J Retro Deluxe gives a serious amount of tonal versatility, i've had no problems dialling in the sound i was looking for.

The action is extremely smooth, i have it set pretty low - simply a joy to play!

I'm based in Guildford, but will be moving back to Cardiff at some point over the summer - buyer would have to pick up as i currently do not own transport.

Pricewise - looking for around the £1000 mark. Would consider trades for a Lakland JO4 or possibly another jazz, prepared to consider other four strings too.

Thanks!
Sam

[url="http://img138.imageshack.us/i/img0272q.jpg/"][/url]

[url="http://img693.imageshack.us/i/img0271n.jpg/"][/url]

Edited by Lowfrequency90

• 2 months later...

[quote name='P-T-P' post='884271' date='Jul 2 2010, 07:46 PM']Made in Korea or Indonesia?[/quote]

what are the supposed differences between the Korean and Indonesian models?
These have a 35" scale right?

Im desperately looking for a white one with a RW board but Im going to keep an eye on this nonetheless :-)

[quote name='elsharko' post='966020' date='Sep 23 2010, 08:07 PM']what are the supposed differences between the Korean and Indonesian models?
These have a 35" scale right?

Im desperately looking for a white one with a RW board but Im going to keep an eye on this nonetheless :-)[/quote]

Sure I saw a white and RW one on here recently.

Korea v Indonesia: no differeces that I'm aware of, other than they were originally made in Korea and had exceptional quality but then they shifted manufacturing to Indonesia (presumably for cost reasons) and I've not heard anything about the quality (good or bad) about Indonesian made ones. That lack of reputation just makes me a tiny bit less confident, but that could be completely and utterly unjustified as the company's reputation as a whole is for exceptional quality.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='P-T-P' post='966600' date='Sep 24 2010, 12:41 PM']I've not heard anything about the quality (good or bad) about Indonesian made ones. That lack of reputation just makes me a tiny bit less confident, but that could be completely and utterly unjustified as the company's reputation as a whole is for exceptional quality.[/quote]
I made an A/B test with a Korean Darryl Jones 5 and an Indonasian Joe Osborn 4, they are both absolute perfect quality and both sound great. There is absolute no visible quality difference between them, except of the fact that the Indonasian models have always - as far as I know - the Lakland/Hanson Pickups, and the Korean can have Lakland/Hanson, Aero or Fralin Pickups, which depends on the year they were built.

Cheers,
Greg.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the exact same bass I play and it caused me to sell my warwick dolphin, marcus 4 and sadowsky metro 5. I got the J retro too. It can be set up to play however suits you and the sounds are all there. The only thing I'd say is that the price is possibly a little steep, i got mine for £850 delivered ex demo. Of course there is the cost of the J retro but still, it's now 2nd hand as well.
It's quite possibly THE best Jazz 5 string you will ever play.
Don't sell it!!!
Craig