Why become a member? ×

Got an audition for blues band

deathpanda

A great source of different variations around a theme is Stevie Ray Vaughn's 'Pride & Joy' which has become something of a standard. Listen closely to Tommy Shannon's bassline, he brings in a new variation with each chorus but keeps it identifiable as all fitting the same song. It's only about 3 1/2 mins long but plenty of good stuff in there to work with.

[quote name='chris_b' post='882419' date='Jun 30 2010, 09:00 PM']Just go onto YouTube and play along with as much BB King, Freddie King, Albert King, Albert Collins, Fabulous Thunderbirds, Luther Allison and Sherman Robertson etc as you can.[/quote]

Now this is the way forward - worked for me.

Blues Bass Playing - All About FEEL.

Listen and play along to as much as you can, get a Tacscam bass trainer (ebay). For Blues / Rock it has to be SRV and Joe Bonamassa, some great bass playing.

Welcome to the world of Blues / R&B and Blue Rock - you'll love it.

Now, where was I? Oh yes I remember - Got up dis morning' - dah, dah, dah, dah dah

Oggy :)

[quote name='lowdown' post='883869' date='Jul 2 2010, 12:32 PM']I should think that would apply to any music, or Bass playing.

Garry[/quote]

Hi Garry 'lowdown',

You're Sooooooooooo right.

I do wonder sometimes though - I thought perhaps it was a secret or I'd discovered the Holy Grail. I just love to hear those ‘metronome player’ that have a problem playing just before or after the beat to give a tune life.

Oggy :)

[quote name='Oggy' post='883890' date='Jul 2 2010, 12:47 PM']I do wonder sometimes though - I thought perhaps it was a secret or I'd discovered the Holy Grail. I just love to hear those ‘metronome player’ that have a problem playing just before or after the beat to give a tune life.

Oggy :)[/quote]

I know what you meant, dont worry.. :rolleyes:

Garry