Why become a member? ×

Fender US '62 RI Jazz Bass BODY (2-piece Alder), Tort scratchplate & loaded control plate

[attachment=53084:DSC00442.JPG][attachment=53085:DSC00445.JPG][attachment=53086:DSC00446.JPG][attach
ment=53089:DSC00443.JPG][attachment=53087:DSC00449.JPG]
[attachment=53090:DSC00453.JPG]

Hi everyone,

Recently performed a body transplant on my late 90's Fender stack-knob Jazz, so this is now up for grabs! Main reason I swapped over was for comfort- although it's not exactly a back breaker, it was getting a little heavy on my shoulder at the end of of a 2hr+ gig!

Right, here are the specs:

-Body is stamped 'May 19 1999'.

-2-piece alder construction.

-Stripped by myself from the original Black nitro finish down to the sealer coat- I've gigged this loads since this was done, so the body is scruffy in places from where the sealer has come off, revealing the bare alder underneath. Personally I think it looks cool, but it wouldn't take much to prep this for a refin if that's what you wanted!

-The body has been routed slightly to make the neck plate fit flush with the body. See pics!

-The pickup and control cavities have been thoroughly and neatly copper-shielded (by myself)- this really makes a difference in dealing with RF noise, particularly if you also star-ground the electronics!

-Weight: a smidge over 4.5lbs/2KG according to my fishing scales- not a featherweight, but by no means excessive either!

-Comes with the original Tort scratchplate (copper-shielded on the back), a loaded 3-knob control plate complete with knobs, CTS 250K pots, tone cap & jack socket PLUS a pair of strap buttons with screws!

ONE AND ONLY PRICE DROP: Now looking for just [size=4]£150 (including mainland UK shipping)[/size] for the lot, which I think is a steal! No offers please, and after some thought, I'd prefer not to split the parts up either. If these don't sell at this price, I'll be using them as the basis for a new fretless build! :)

***ON HOLD- SALE PENDING!***

Local buyers can also collect from Liverpool city centre- I will revise the price accordingly.

Please PM me if interested, extra info/pics available on request... thanks for looking!

Et :rolleyes:

[attachment=53495:DSC00467.JPG][attachment=53496:DSC00470.JPG]

Edited by Etienne

[quote name='Rumple' post='879740' date='Jun 28 2010, 12:02 PM']Have a bump on me.

Great guy to deal with.

R.[/quote]

Thanks mate! And this is what the Jazz looks like now... :)

[attachment=53160:DSC00436.JPG]

[quote name='Etienne' post='879962' date='Jun 28 2010, 03:31 PM']Thanks mate! And this is what the Jazz looks like now... :)

[attachment=53160:DSC00436.JPG][/quote]

Very nice indeed, I like the stacked knob look, what's the switch for?

[quote name='Rumple' post='880025' date='Jun 28 2010, 04:27 PM']Very nice indeed, I like the stacked knob look, what's the switch for?[/quote]

It's a Series/Parallel switch- very useful!

Edited by Etienne