Why become a member? ×

Worth changing from Ampeg SVT200T to Orange Bass Terror - good idea?

sPiKi

Hi there

I have been using the Ampeg SVT200T for some years now & it has proven to be a really reliable amp. However, recently it just doesn't seem to be delivering the volume I need.
I am playing a Amer Std Jazz & SR4 HH through a Tech 21 VT & 410HLF. The tone I have is really really good but volume wise, just not satisfying me. I am gigging every week in a covers band, playing venues from 150-500 people. Band is full mic'd every night but I like to feel the bass behind me iykwim. I saw that review on YT of the Bass Terror & thought that tone was sweet.

Anyway, would this be a good move? Price & size/weight is very attractive. Can't really afford to break the bank on this one. I have tried my mates V4BH for a couple of gigs & it did sound superior to my amp but just can't afford an all tube atm. So, any advice or recommendations or caution on the Bass Terror? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Edited by sPiKi

[quote name='Musicman20' post='878875' date='Jun 27 2010, 03:00 PM']The Bass Terror is damn loud. If you like your tone quite dirty its even louder because of the gain.

I very much imagine it will sound huge through that cabinet.[/quote]

Thanks for the feedback - just another question, what are Aguilar amps like? Been looking at the Ag500SC but can't find any sound clips & I don't know of any dealers here in N.Ireland who stock them.

Thinking of selling my Stingray to fund the right amp. Great guitar but just prefer my Jazz when playing live.