Why become a member? ×

Are there any software loopers (RC-50 type thing) for Mac?

1976fenderhead

I wish I could give you an answer there - as I am newly embroiled in to the excitement that is LOOOOOOOOOPING! lol I've already recorded a bunch of loops using a software based looper and am LOVING IT!

I am a PC user andhave been using Ambiloop. I'm afraid there isn't a MAC version on the website. It's really feature rich and can be controlled totally by a MIDI interface. The bit I like most,which is unlike most hardware loopers is a. all the loops are stereo b. all the loops can be imported into my DAW so I can make loops of riffs I want to use in writing a song - then drop them straight into a song structure without having to rerecord - It's just great!!

When you get one, we'll have to compare notes as I'll probably wind up with a hardware looper at some point - but this will help me chose the right one.

[quote name='crez5150' post='875517' date='Jun 23 2010, 03:47 PM']Most DAW's hav either a plug in or part of the programme for looping[/quote]

I know Logic 9 has it, unfortunately Logic 8 doesn't and I wonder if I could just add that plugin... Probably not!, so there must be something out there! I tried SooperLooper, only one I could find, but can't get it to work with Logic either for some reason, get some weird error where it can't find the GUI :)

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Steve Lawson' post='910856' date='Jul 31 2010, 12:46 AM']you could try [url="http://www.circularlabs.com/"]http://www.circularlabs.com/[/url] - Mobius has quite a strong user base, and I know a few people who are using it live and in the studio...

Steve[/quote]

Thanks mate, will check that out.