Why become a member? ×

Time for a change .......

badboy1984

I don't have my bass rig anymore because I just sold my 2 Ashdown MAG cab and I only got my Little Mark Bass 250 head at home but no cab to play around with.

I'm always into Mark Bass stuff and also the Fender Bassman TV combo also cought my eye out as well.

I have two choice now since money is abit of a problem to buy a full stack. Either buy a used Markbass 2x10 Std Cab (8ohm) so make it a half stack Markbass Rig.

or

Buy a pre Gibson Trace Elliot 4x10 (8ohm) and make it a half stack as well.

or

Buy a used Marshall VCB 4x12 and make it a half stack as well but the cab is 4ohm so it can bring out the Little Mark 250 to full power

or

Sell the Little Mark 250 and buy either the Fender Bassman TV Duo Ten ot Fifteen.

What you guys think? Of couse if money is problem then the Fender Bassman TV option is cheaper but the Mark Bass cabs is abit expensive than the combo.

[quote name='badboy1984' post='873243' date='Jun 21 2010, 08:48 AM']I don't have my bass rig anymore because I just sold my 2 Ashdown MAG cab and I only got my Little Mark Bass 250 head at home but no cab to play around with.

I'm always into Mark Bass stuff and also the Fender Bassman TV combo also cought my eye out as well.

I have two choice now since money is abit of a problem to buy a full stack. Either buy a used Markbass 2x10 Std Cab (8ohm) so make it a half stack Markbass Rig.

or

Buy a pre Gibson Trace Elliot 4x10 (8ohm) and make it a half stack as well.

or

Buy a used Marshall VCB 4x12 and make it a half stack as well but the cab is 4ohm so it can bring out the Little Mark 250 to full power

or

Sell the Little Mark 250 and buy either the Fender Bassman TV Duo Ten ot Fifteen.

What you guys think? Of couse if money is problem then the Fender Bassman TV option is cheaper but the Mark Bass cabs is abit expensive than the combo.[/quote]

Out of the above I`ve only experience with the VBC 412, but I thoroughly recommend it - I`ve submitted a review on Basschat, so rather than write all my comments again, you can find them there. And of course, as you say, this would bring out yr amp to full power.

To do what..? play at home or gig..?

If you aren't that active at the moment then a decent 2x10 or 1x12 seems a good cab to have at home and maybe rehearse with and may go to the odd smallish gig.

I'd then add another one when funds and circumstances dictate so the cabs need to 8ohms, IMV and maybe swap out the amp for a higher powered MB.