Why become a member? ×

Eden Head

Randy_Marsh

Played a gig last night with my Eden head and EA cab. All was good, great sound. Really enjoyed it.

Got my gear all set up again today and was greeted with a huge amount of hiss, pretty much no volume from turning the gain and master vol to about 12 o'clock (Whereas yesterday i did the same and shook the whole house) and a distorted sound when i played. I have no idea what it could be, could anyone help?

[quote]also if your bass is active, have a go with a new battery. i've had some horrible noises coming out when running low before[/quote]

I was thinking this today actually. I'll definitely give that a try.

[quote]Have you tried checking the line or DI out, if it has one? Could help narrow down where the issue is[/quote]

I'll give that a check tomorrow as well. Hoping it could be the battery as all was fine at the end of the night

[quote name='Colledge' post='877882' date='Jun 26 2010, 12:46 AM']also if your bass is active, have a go with a new battery. i've had some horrible noises coming out when running low before.[/quote]

That was my first choice.

If you don't have batteries, if you have anything else at all you could run through it (guitars/iPod/anything) give it a go and see what happens.

[quote]also if your bass is active, have a go with a new battery. i've had some horrible noises coming out when running low before.[/quote]

Yep, it was thew battery! Whacked a new one in and all is fine once again. My bass was passive for such a long time so im only just getting used to going active again. Nice one guys :)