Why become a member? ×

HOT SLAG, guitar pickup ITEMS NOW SOLD

ITEMS NOW SOLD

Iron Gear Hot Slag humbucking bridge pickup.
Black, open-coil, high performance humbucker, great for installing in mahogany guitars.
DC Resistance: Bridge = 16kOhm
Pole Spacing: Bridge = 52mm, Neck = 50mm
Magnet Type: Alnico V
Conductors: 4 Conductor
Format: Humbucker

Follow this link for soundclips/further info
[url="http://www.irongear.co.uk/irongear_018.htm"]http://www.irongear.co.uk/irongear_018.htm[/url]
Retails at £24.95

Also, gonna throw in with the price, an Axesrus Hot Iron pickup
Black, open-coil. The Perfect balance between power and performance.
An incredibly hot bridge (15.5k (+/-10%)) great for chugging rythmn work.

Follow this link for soundclips/further info
[url="http://www.axesrus.com/axehumbuckers.htm"]http://www.axesrus.com/axehumbuckers.htm[/url]
Retails at £22.00

So, for £20.00, you get both pickups. Price includes postage/packaging within the UK.
Payment by Paypal, please.

Edited by Lozz196

I use Irongear Hotslag pickups in a Washburn Idol Custom shop guitar and I have to say they are for the money the best pickups out there by far. I was really shocked at how good they actually are. Seriously good value for money and the Hot Slags are great for hardcore / punk / metal and also clean up nicely too.

The name is great too.. !!

[quote name='WHUFC BASS' post='869393' date='Jun 16 2010, 08:17 PM']I use Irongear Hotslag pickups in a Washburn Idol Custom shop guitar and I have to say they are for the money the best pickups out there by far. I was really shocked at how good they actually are. Seriously good value for money and the Hot Slags are great for hardcore / punk / metal and also clean up nicely too.

The name is great too.. !![/quote]
I`ve used the Hot Slag in a Tokai Les Paul copy, and yes, its very good for hard rock, loads of dynamics/pinch-harmonics etc. It was however a bit high-powered for me, as I prefer to get the gain from pushing the amp, rather than from the guitar itself. I`ve not used the Hot Iron Bridge as I ordered a pair, as there was a deal going at the time, with it only being a couple of quid in it for either a single, or for the pair, so went for the deal. I`ve currently got the neck model in my Tokai, and it too is surprisingly good for the money.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Lozz196' post='869412' date='Jun 16 2010, 08:32 PM']I`ve used the Hot Slag in a Tokai Les Paul copy, and yes, its very good for hard rock, loads of dynamics/pinch-harmonics etc. It was however a bit high-powered for me, as I prefer to get the gain from pushing the amp, rather than from the guitar itself. I`ve not used the Hot Iron Bridge as I ordered a pair, as there was a deal going at the time, with it only being a couple of quid in it for either a single, or for the pair, so went for the deal. I`ve currently got the neck model in my Tokai, and it too is surprisingly good for the money.[/quote]
Bumping for the weekend :)

[quote name='kurcatovium' post='877661' date='Jun 25 2010, 06:38 PM']Hi. I asked our guitarist and recommend him the pickup as much as I could, but he's totally out of cash... Bad timing, sorry. :-([/quote]
No worries. This now be a weekend bump.

Sorry, not looking to buy, just to give a few words. I have 2 of these in my Tokai LP copy, they're by far the best pickups I've ever owned, and also miles better than a lot of the bigger brand pickups I've looked into. They really shine in a rock/metal context, great for pinches and squeals, and tight heavy rhythm. The cleans are bright and warm, enough said. Amazing value for money - for anyone that's thinking about buying them.

[quote name='deathpanda' post='885966' date='Jul 5 2010, 12:19 AM']Sorry, not looking to buy, just to give a few words. I have 2 of these in my Tokai LP copy, they're by far the best pickups I've ever owned, and also miles better than a lot of the bigger brand pickups I've looked into. They really shine in a rock/metal context, great for pinches and squeals, and tight heavy rhythm. The cleans are bright and warm, enough said. Amazing value for money - for anyone that's thinking about buying them.[/quote]
BUMP

[quote name='Chris1127' post='895485' date='Jul 15 2010, 11:54 AM']Cheers Lozz they've just arrived thanks for that[/quote]
Thanks for the heads-up Chris, always nice to know when something sent has arrived.