Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot V4 ALL VALVE 1x15 combo NOW SOLD THANKS

markorbit

As part of my scaling down of gear this beauty is next in line.

The Trace all valve range is one of the best there is. Many people look upon the V8 as the Rolls Royce of valve amps, well, this V4 is a 200 watt version of that. It has the exact same preamp as the later V8 with the extra OD gain and tube compressor. It's basically the last of the original Trace Elliots. Made in UK.

I've owned a few tube amps over the years and all can sound good - but only when turned up to the sweet spot. This can be a problem when you want to play at low volume. Usually preamp gain sounds fizzy in comparison. What stands out for me about this amp is that the preamp gain can sound great and bottley as you turn up. It beats any preamp I have ever used for this.

The amp has a half power mode so you can run at 100 watts. It has a zillion tubes in it and a weird one that lights up a green bar as you turn up! It sounds the bomb - warm and punchy in a way only an all-tube amp can do. Being a modern tube amp it has modern features and can be biased using the lights on the rear panel.

I bought it about 5 years ago as NOS. It's never been gigged and is in good condition. It's only had moderate use indoors. I will post pics soon. Here is the model: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtopic=10285&view=findpost&p=109286"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=109286[/url]

I'm not too sure what it's worth. I have seen Bass Cellar advertise a similar NOS model for £2500 on the bay.

As ebay and paypal is daylight robbery with stupid fees I'm putting it on here first for £1075.

Pick up is preferred. I'm based in Doncaster.

TRADES: will consider Millennia STT-1 plus any cash adjustments.

Edited by markorbit

[quote name='SS73' post='874132' date='Jun 22 2010, 08:59 AM']Did you have it on evilbay a couple of weeks ago?.[/quote]

No. This is the 1st time I have offered it for sale. I only took the pics a couple of days ago. If it doesn't sell here I shall probably take it to my local music shop for a commision sale or keep it for a while longer.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='874198' date='Jun 22 2010, 10:12 AM']Was that a particularly beaten up example based in London?[/quote]

No I think this was pretty ok, certainly not this good though, just a couple of knocks, think it was Cornwall, completed listing search should bring it up.

Edited by SS73

<BUMP for weekend>

May consider offers - though I won't have PC access this Sunday.

TRADES (+ any cash adjustments either way)

- Millennia STT-1
- Consider other high-end channel strips
- Trace V-Type pre
- early 60s Fender P - sunburst/rosewood
- Steinberger L2
- Berg EX112ER

It'll probably go in to a music shop for commission sale next week as I could do with the space before next weekend.