Why become a member? ×

Effects Chain help

Sibob

Ok so need some help with my pedal board! (I'm new to effects basically).
I can find suggestions on google for the order of different effects, but one of mine is multi effects, and its frying my brain a little bit.

I'm running an A/B switch into an effects loop, the effects loop can either run straight to amp, or via my ME-50B, Octave & Big Muff. Its this loop I'm concerned with. Obviously I have Octave and Fuzz effects there, then I'm running Bottom Boost, Chorus, some Delay and some Wah on the ME-50.

What order should I have the Muff/Octave/ME50b in?

I think currently I have it: Octave>Muff>ME50b

I wouldn't be running Octave and Muff together

Many thanks
Si

Ok thanks for that!
Again, I can't see myself running the Wah and Fuzz together (although who knows in the future).

Cool, as long as one way doesn't sound loads worse than the other....only different....I can live with that! :)

Cheers
Si

Basically I have very specific sections in songs for various effects, so I haven't currently haven't written anything that requires Fuzz and Wah together...but yes I agree actually, it would probably be a good synthy sound. I've nothing written that uses Fuzz & Delay, although I have used it to great effect in the past with some solo bass stuff.

Actually the fuzz/delay combo is here:
[url="http://www.myspace.com/simonrpoulton"]http://www.myspace.com/simonrpoulton[/url]

First track......my myspace is so old and overgrown lol
Oh and if anyone is interested, the second track is exclusively Bass and Drum machine

Cheers

Si

Yeah, I agree with most of the above. I would stick with the chain you have at the moment, I used to run a similar chain with a number of singles before a multi (Korg AX3000B), so I experimented with the order a lot to see what would work best, and a signal path similar to yours is what I settled on.