Why become a member? ×

better late than never

scalpy

Hi there, finally!

I signed up a while back, having become addicted to the amps+cabs for sale page. Yes, I'm a geek.

I play in several covers bands but the current top earner is a Ceilidh Band, so many chords, so little time.

Gear history is fairly simple- Encore PB3, Silver Series Squier Jazz, G+L ASAT. I'm fairly evangelical about my American Tobacco Sunburst 4 string wonder and everyone I work with loves it to. Amp wise I have had a Hartke 1400 since 95. These seem to be hated by internet-land people but have always managed to get a good sound out of it, even renting it to the local studio at one point for £40 a day! This goes into an early 90's Hartke 410XL. The rig sounds great, (doesn't look it...) but the reason I started to look at Basschat is it's too heavy, as it resides at work, up a flight of stairs and a long walk to the car.

I've set my heart on a Aguiliar AG500SC in brown with Boss Tweed DB112 and DB112NT. Haven't tried them yet, but they look great and the community raves about them.

Guess I need to do a few more fiddile diddle dee gigs. Dose Doh

See you out there

Harry