Why become a member? ×

New bass day

Lozz196

Well basschatters, it`s New Bass Day for me. :)

Fender Classic 50s Precision Bass, in honey blonde. Gold anodised scratchplate, maple neck. As seen on a recent thread, these also have American Standard pickups - this was confirmed by an e-mail from a guy at Fender.

Took a punt, and ordered from GAK, as couldn`t find any in stock at any music shops within the locality to try out hands-on. Anyway, arrived today, out of the box, the action was great, the intonation spot-on. New set of Rotosound heavy (50 - 110) and raring to go. The wide neck is exactly that - wide - but comfortable to play, especially with the vintage frets. She plays like a dream. Also, when you pluck a string, the whole body resonates and shakes right thru you, if you`re sitting down. Think my punt paid off.

Am intending on keeping for home use, but just have that feeling she`s going to be my constant companion. Whatever, gonna try her out at practice tomorrow, so will deliver the noisy verdict, this being the home-use verdict.

Fairly certain I`ve worn out that new set of Rotos already this eve.

Edited by Lozz196

[quote name='arsenic' post='863507' date='Jun 10 2010, 05:33 PM']I love those 50's classic P's - and the Honey Blonde is by far the best looking one.

Enjoy!!!![/quote]
Thanks guys. Just used her at band practice, very good indeed, and a much smoother sound than my other precisions.