Why become a member? ×

MODULUS FLEA FOR SALE

CHRISDABASS

hahahaha its all mine now!!!!!

in silver sparkle/metal flake (or whatever its called) with matching headstock! and white perloid pickguard/scratchplat!! it looks lovely!!!

it is all original,in good condition with original hard case!! and the only thing i can see wrong with it is a small fingernail sized chip out of the paint just before the modulus logo on the head!! not a big deal at all!!

everything else is totally sound!! great neck, massive tone!!!

i believe its got the aguilar 2 band boost only pre

and the pick up is orignal but he hasnt told me which it is! but hey im sure its an awesome make coz they all are in these bass's!!

oh and by the way the pics were taken using my phone so they arent the best!! but they give you the idea!!

:)

Edited by CHRISDABASS

Hey peeps,

This is my bass that this kind gentleman is selling for me.

I have had this bass for 3 years and all I can say is that it is awesome. It has turned heads at every gig I have played, not just for the Silver Sparkle finish but also the amazing sound that it gets.

Spec is as follows

Aguilar active preamp w/ passive bass and treble

Flea Bass w/ J Pickups (I think it's J Pickups, all I remember is paying full whack for this bad boy)

1.56" wide @ the nut, 2.45" wide at the 22nd fret

The reason I am selling it is purely for money reasons... I has taken me a couple of months to even pluck up the courage to let someone else look after it. It has become part of my identity as a bass player lol.

If anyone wants any more information then please e-mail me. I don't want to have to use ebay (hate it) but if I can't sell it here, then I will have to use there.

I am also willing to consider a part exchange with cash (mainly for a Musicman Stingray bass similar to the one I have now).

Thanks

[quote name='funkyspuke' post='94980' date='Nov 27 2007, 11:30 AM']Hey peeps,

This is my bass that this kind gentleman is selling for me.

I have had this bass for 3 years and all I can say is that it is awesome. It has turned heads at every gig I have played, not just for the Silver Sparkle finish but also the amazing sound that it gets.

Spec is as follows

Aguilar active preamp w/ passive bass and treble

Flea Bass w/ J Pickups (I think it's J Pickups, all I remember is paying full whack for this bad boy)

1.56" wide @ the nut, 2.45" wide at the 22nd fret

The reason I am selling it is purely for money reasons... I has taken me a couple of months to even pluck up the courage to let someone else look after it. It has become part of my identity as a bass player lol.

If anyone wants any more information then please e-mail me. I don't want to have to use ebay (hate it) but if I can't sell it here, then I will have to use there.

I am also willing to consider a part exchange with cash (mainly for a Musicman Stingray bass similar to the one I have now).

Thanks[/quote]

Just out of interest, why would you rather two Stingrays than one Flea? Is there anything a Ray does that the Flea can't?

[quote name='bremen' post='95005' date='Nov 27 2007, 12:16 PM']Ah, OK.

So how does the Ray compare to the Flea?[/quote]

How does it compare... ok.

First of all the Modulus is way more powerful than the Ray and has a more clean tone/sound. The Ray is more aggressve in it's sound (more cruch is how I describe it). The Modulus is brilliant for bass chords and a more melodic style of playing. However for slap it's very good too.

However I have found that withe the Ray the action is lower and allows for a more faster/aggressive style of playing. It's also much lighter in weight that the Modulus.

Other than that both are brilliant :))

[quote name='funkyspuke' post='95129' date='Nov 27 2007, 03:29 PM']How does it compare... ok.

First of all the Modulus is way more powerful than the Ray and has a more clean tone/sound. The Ray is more aggressve in it's sound (more cruch is how I describe it). The Modulus is brilliant for bass chords and a more melodic style of playing. However for slap it's very good too.

However I have found that withe the Ray the action is lower and allows for a more faster/aggressive style of playing. It's also much lighter in weight that the Modulus.

Other than that both are brilliant :))[/quote]

Thanks!

people keep offering me Rays in exchange for the Thumb I'm trying to sell. Maybe I should try one.

[quote name='bremen' post='95134' date='Nov 27 2007, 03:35 PM']Thanks!

people keep offering me Rays in exchange for the Thumb I'm trying to sell. Maybe I should try one.[/quote]

yeah rays really are worth a try! (i would say u'd need some cash with the ray to make it fair tho! thumbs have gotta be worth more?)

i'd never had one until june this year, and i was really supprised at how bloody good they are!!

i'll never sell my red one!!

awesome bass!!

also i agree with what luke said about the clarity on the modulus!! maybe its something to do with the neck!! notes are so clear and defined!!