Why become a member? ×

Bc Rich Warbeast - Amp lead socket issue

waylander

Hey all after some advice

I have a Bc Rich Warbeast Trace. Occasionally when i pull the lead out of the guitar after practice the bolt holding the socket in place comes off and the socket itself goes up into the guitar. Its a pain then using tweezers to pull it out and reattach the bolt. I've tried using plyers to tighten it, tried being more careful removing the lead but still happens eventually, fairly certain this shouldnt happen as much as it does, or at all

Anyone got any ideas?

Edited by waylander

By 'bolt', do you mean nut?

If the retaining nut is continually coming loose, you need to take off the retaining plate (if there is one) and possibly put some kind of locking washer on the socket before putting it through the plate & tightening it properly before replacing the whole assembly.

G.

As generally when it happens im about to head home from a jam and never thought of it being something more then a poor nut b4

Ye his suggestion seems good, when i get home ill take the plate off and see if i can find a locking washer to stick on it

Thanks for the advice

Edited by waylander