Why become a member? ×

FS Ampeg SVT CL

Arrakis

Hi people I've just joined Bass Chat so hello!

I've decided to sell my Ampeg SVT CL the main reason is because I have an original Matamp Bass 200 and cant afford to have two high end bass amps and as I'm never going to sell the Matamp it looks like my Ampeg is on the chopping block.

So about the amp. The amp has been well looked after with regular services from Panic Music who as you probably know are the UK Ampeg Distributors. Its a standard Black SVT CL. Its been gigged but all the covering is in good shape and still looks fantastic, its in totally sound condition.

I'm looking for 800 pounds for it.

I'm based in Brighon, and if you need references as obviously I'm new here I have had good transactions over at the D*A*M forum under the same screen name.

The Matamp is not for sale and sorry for the not so good phone pic
[attachment=51257:02062010444.jpg]

[quote name='Arrakis' post='855159' date='Jun 2 2010, 06:06 PM']Hi people I've just joined Bass Chat so hello!

I've decided to sell my Ampeg SVT CL the main reason is because I have an original Matamp Bass 200 and cant afford to have two high end bass amps and as I'm never going to sell the Matamp it looks like my Ampeg is on the chopping block.

So about the amp. The amp has been well looked after with regular services from Panic Music who as you probably know are the UK Ampeg Distributors. Its a standard Black SVT CL. Its been gigged but all the covering is in good shape and still looks fantastic, its in totally sound condition.

I'm looking for 800 pounds for it.

I'm based in Brighon, and if you need references as obviously I'm new here I have had good transactions over at the D*A*M forum under the same screen name.

The Matamp is not for sale and sorry for the not so good phone pic
[attachment=51257:02062010444.jpg][/quote]
Welcome to the forum!

First of all, how old is it andddd how long ago were the valves last replaced, if ever?

Would you consider swopping it for a 5 month old AD200b that's never left the house?, easily saleable!

[quote name='alexisonfire' post='855288' date='Jun 2 2010, 07:54 PM']Welcome to the forum!

First of all, how old is it andddd how long ago were the valves last replaced, if ever?

Would you consider swopping it for a 5 month old AD200b that's never left the house?, easily saleable![/quote]

Hi, I'm not interested in trades I'm afraid. As to its age, I've had it 3-4 years and I cant be certain but I think it might 6 maybe 7 yrs old, sorry I cant be more exact. As for the valves the last service had several of the valves changed and that was two years ago, obviously at Panic Music they can match up valves no problem. I haven't pushed the amp at all only really been used for the odd pub gig. Again my apologies that I cant be more exact.

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='855908' date='Jun 3 2010, 11:40 AM']Love the Matamp I'm just waiting on my GT200 can you tell me more about it, obviously it's a bit special with the 2 channel's etc.[/quote]

Hi there was a run of about 20 made, planetoftheamps states 10 but that's wrong, I've spoken to Jeff and actually tracked down Dave Green and spoken to him about the amp as well when I first got it too. The amp is basically 2 independent 120 watt amps bridged in one box so were talking 240watts it runs on 4 x KT100 in the power stage. Really versatile amp. Yeah I tried i think the first GT200 when I picked up my GT120, great amp really fancied getting one at the time though now since getting the 200 I dont think I'd like the 3 position drive and 5position depth, the Bass 200 just has pots so u can dial in exactly how much u want. Having said that the GT200 is basically a copy of the early Ormat AD200 so is bound to be different.

Cool, my GT200 is coming with a pot for the gain still using the 5 position depth because I'll just leave it in one position.

The amp sounds fantastic, let me know if you're ever in Manchester and we'll meet up :)

We actually record down in Brighton so I'll give you a shout when I'm next down and see if I can catch a show, gotta hear that beast in action

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='856040' date='Jun 3 2010, 01:16 PM']Cool, my GT200 is coming with a pot for the gain still using the 5 position depth because I'll just leave it in one position.

The amp sounds fantastic, let me know if you're ever in Manchester and we'll meet up :)

We actually record down in Brighton so I'll give you a shout when I'm next down and see if I can catch a show, gotta hear that beast in action[/quote]

Yeah why not, btw where do u record? The Levellers studio, Metway? or IronWorks or Brighton Electric? theyre the three that spring to mind.

Anyone interested in the Ampeg?

[quote name='basshead56' post='861191' date='Jun 8 2010, 04:42 PM']Any interest in my [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=90309"]94 Musicman Stingray[/url] ?[/quote]

hey man, as much as I'd love a stingray I unfortunately need the cash, thanks for the offer.

[quote name='Johnandahalf' post='867308' date='Jun 14 2010, 07:11 PM']What are you thinking in regards to shipping etc?

I'm based in Scotland and might be interested[/quote]

Hi I dont know I haven't shipped anything this big and in the UK before, I'll make enquires..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...