Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Barefaced Compact Custom Build - SOLD

Hamster

I bought this from Mr_Russ around a year ago and I've enjoyed every second of it. It was made to compliment a Markbass 2x10 cab and is approx 23W x 21H x 19D. It weighs approx 37lbs and is clear, loud and pretty bright for a 1x15 cab. It won't do bright and zingy but it will provide buckets of punch, power and pretty detailed clarity. Rated at 450W @ 8ohms and it has a speakon connector to the rear. I've put new cab corners on it and it really is the best sounding 1x15 I've ever heard. In fact I think the tone just has the edge on the current edition of the Compact.

It's an earlier Compact and so 'carpet' covered which is looking a bit used but not 'tatty'

I'm selling because I've acquired a current model Barefaced Compact and I'm intending to buy another one to match the newer model to make a killer 2 x 15 matching rig.

If you're in the market for a killer 1x15 cab to compliment your existing rig - then you've found it.

Alex is selling new Compacts for £450

Give me £200

Edited by Hamster
Power handling corrected.

[quote name='Hamster' post='854384' date='Jun 2 2010, 01:15 AM']I bought this from Mr_Russ around a year ago and I've enjoyed every second of it. It was made to compliment a Markbass 2x10 cab and is approx 23W x 21H x 19D. It weighs approx 37lbs and is clear, loud and pretty bright for a 1x15 cab. It won't do bright and zingy but it will provide buckets of punch, power and pretty detailed clarity. Rated at 600W @ 8ohms and it has a speakon connector to the rear. I've put new cab corners on it and it really is the best sounding 1x15 I've ever heard. In fact I think the tone just has the edge on the current edition of the Compact.

It's an earlier Compact and so 'carpet' covered which is looking a bit used but not 'tatty'

I'm selling because I've acquired a current model Barefaced Compact and I'm intending to buy another one to match the newer model to make a killer 2 x 15 matching rig.

If you're in the market for a killer 1x15 cab to compliment your existing rig - then you've found it.

Alex is selling new Compacts for £450

Give me £200[/quote]
At £200 this will sell in no time at all.

[quote name='Colledge' post='854569' date='Jun 2 2010, 10:38 AM']do you have any pics? also would you be interested in shipping?
ive got my current rig on an auction now and this is exactly what i'm after cab wise.[/quote]

Hi

Pictures are below. I will ship, and you'll only pay what it costs me. If you want to use a specific courier that's fine, but I will only ship it fully insured.

Cheers

[attachment=51239:DSC_9543.JPG]

[attachment=51240:DSC_9542.JPG]

[quote name='Wil' post='857088' date='Jun 4 2010, 12:18 PM']Do these pair nicely with other manufacturers cabs? Looking at ways to replace my single 4ohm 1212L with something louder - maybe this and an 8ohm 1210L would do the trick...[/quote]

As for pairing with other cabs I haven't tried it with anything else than another compact, but I would imagine it would be a good match to your Schroeder. The sensitivity in this cab means you need less power to drive it really loud - and 600 watts is plenty for me!

It's very light like the Schroeder and by looking at the Schroeder's specs it might be a very happy marraige!

If you want more detail about the cab you'll have to speak to Mr Claber, as I just plug it in and make a lot of noise :)

you sure you'll want another cab. Supposing this is the same as the one I tried, it goes JoeGarcia in the living room loud on its own, with only 100w. This has the interesting effect that my can skate round on my vibrating floor like one of those air hockey tables.

Apparently these are on a par volume wise with the 1212L but with a flatter response, in which case, probably just a touch quiter than I'd like on it's own. I like to feel the bass like a kick in the balls :)

[quote name='270degrees' post='858127' date='Jun 5 2010, 01:21 PM']Hi. How does it differ from the standard Compact?[/quote]

Because the cab size was tweaked and tuned so that it would sit under a Markbass 2x10 cab the dimensions are different and it weighs a little more - but it's still a very easy one hand carry.

[quote name='Wil' post='857867' date='Jun 5 2010, 12:28 AM']Apparently these are on a par volume wise with the 1212L but with a flatter response, in which case, probably just a touch quiter than I'd like on it's own. I like to feel the bass like a kick in the balls :rolleyes:[/quote]
I have had them side by side with stereo outs from a poweramp to test the viability for biamping. The 1212L is louder (it is honestly ridiculously loud for its size), but my word the Compact goes lower. It laughed at the 1212L's low end handling.

Either way, the Compact is a great cab :)

All in the first post

[quote name='Hamster' post='854384' date='Jun 2 2010, 01:15 AM']I bought this from Mr_Russ around a year ago and I've enjoyed every second of it. It was made to compliment a Markbass 2x10 cab and is approx [b]23W x 21H x 19D[/b]. It weighs [b]approx 37lbs [/b]and is clear, loud and pretty bright for a 1x15 cab.[/quote]