Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Fender Jazz V 24 (Ireland)

PapillonIrl

[attachment=51097:Fender.jpg]

Located in Waterford, Ireland and includes a substantial flight-case which may be a little heavy to ship. I will look into it if needed though.

Looking for in the region of £400.

Cheers,

Nathan

Edited by PapillonIrl

Dammit, I'm after another one of these.

I have one and they are awesome Basses, switchable active/passive and a nice boost switch (I think it boosts low mids).

good luck with the sale, and if I get the money fast enough I'll be in touch!

These are made in Korea, yes. I am going to weigh it tonight with and without flight-case to get a price for UK shipping.

Anybody have any experience shipping basses without cases ? I've never done it.

What's the best way to pack ? Remove neck or not ?

Cheers,

Nathan

[quote name='PapillonIrl' post='853654' date='Jun 1 2010, 02:04 PM']These are made in Korea, yes. I am going to weigh it tonight with and without flight-case to get a price for UK shipping.

Anybody have any experience shipping basses without cases ? I've never done it.

What's the best way to pack ? Remove neck or not ?

Cheers,

Nathan[/quote]
I've shipped basses in large and heavy cases to the UK using GLS www.gls-group.eu It costs just over €30 and I've never had any problems. Fedex, DHL etc are a ripoff.

[quote name='cgordonfreeman' post='853704' date='Jun 1 2010, 03:55 PM']I've shipped basses in large and heavy cases to the UK using GLS www.gls-group.eu It costs just over €30 and I've never had any problems. Fedex, DHL etc are a ripoff.[/quote]

Thanks for that will check them out.

I'll second the vote for GLS from Ireland into UK / Europe. Good service and uber cheap
compared the the usual suspects / ripoff merchants! Regarding packing, a good strong
cardboard box will do it, slacken off strongs, wrap like hell with bubbley-poppy stuff,
put some polystyrene blocks in there to take pressure, and if at all possible, put a thin
sheet of fibreboard front and back the entire length - dont add much weight but gives
solid protection !

hth, and good luck with the sale, lovely piece!

Allen.

Some photos from yesterday evening in rehearsal room, sorry quality is not fantastic in some of them, we were under a little pressure for time.

[attachment=51170:P1010330_qpr.jpg]
[attachment=51169:P1010329_qpr.jpg]
[attachment=51171:P1010331_qpr.jpg]
[attachment=51172:P1010338_qpr.jpg]
[attachment=51173:P1010339_qpr.jpg]
[attachment=51174:P1010342_qpr.jpg]
[attachment=51175:P1010343_qpr.jpg]
[attachment=51176:P1010346_qpr.jpg]
[attachment=51177:P1010348_qpr.jpg]
[attachment=51178:P1010353_qpr.jpg]

Should have shipping prices later, I think I would prefer to send with flight-case. Total weight with case is 17kg, so it is doable.

A couple of other things about this bass:

It has a pair of Seymour Duncan 'Basslines' installed which sound great, I don't have original pickups. EDIT I have been informed that these are the originals (see below) thx basshead56 /EDIT

Active/Passive push-pull switch/rotary knob needs a blast of contact cleaner. Quiet when set, but slight crackle when moved.

I will try and do it if I get time to pick up some cleaner, am heading away for much needed two weeks holiday on Sunday.

Edited by PapillonIrl

[quote name='Fitzy73' post='854126' date='Jun 1 2010, 09:13 PM']parcel2go.ie are cheaper and very good[/quote]

Thanks Fitzy73 these guys seem good ( correct url is parcel2go.com/ie though, in case anyone else is looking for a courier )

It seems these guys will deliver the bass in it's flight case to the UK for €25.

I will cover postage to whoever is willing to pay the asking price, in the interest of getting it there safely and saving me packing hassle, can't say fairer than that !

Edited by PapillonIrl