Why become a member? ×

Mono gigbag pocket dimensions

Pkomor

[quote name='Pkomor' post='851708' date='May 30 2010, 11:16 AM']Ive been thinking about a Mono gigbag, and it looks great, but I want something i can fit my markbass F500 in, and I cant find the pocket dimensions anywhere! Does anyone know them?[/quote]

Usable dimensions are about 30cm by 28cm, you should have no problem fitting the F500 in. For my gig last night I had a Fender volume pedal (those things are bulky), two large leads and a couple of effects boxes. You should definitely get one, it has probably been my most satisfying acquisition this year- it's really light and comfy and I trust my bass in it more than in my hard case.

[quote name='Alfie' post='851729' date='May 30 2010, 11:49 AM']Usable dimensions are about 30cm by 28cm, you should have no problem fitting the F500 in. For my gig last night I had a Fender volume pedal (those things are bulky), two large leads and a couple of effects boxes. You should definitely get one, it has probably been my most satisfying acquisition this year- it's really light and comfy and I trust my bass in it more than in my hard case.[/quote]

+1.

Excellent kit. Expensive but miles above the quality of something like a Warwick.

Pockets should fit an F500.

I think I've found the answer to my own question! :)

[quote]You're not getting anything else in that pocket other than a thin cable with an F1 in there. The iGig is much better for a ton of storage. The Mono would work if you're going completely minimal- as in basses, micro amp, and one instrument and speaker cable, and nothing else.[/quote]

Hmm, this could be close!

Edited by Pkomor

[quote name='Pkomor' post='851951' date='May 30 2010, 06:35 PM']Hmm, do think It would be thick enough to fit the F500 with a power lead, a (thick) speakon lead and a jack to jack lead in it as well? The F500 is 1.73 in. / 4.4 cm (1U)[/quote]

Yes, but as picture shown, not more.

I used to fit a lot of cables and some stuff in it, reason why with an amp beside, just tricky ...

Hmm, If I couldnt fit the cables in with the F500 in the front could I put them in the pocket for the straps on the back, or would they fall out?
It would only need to be for one instrument, speaker and power cable, anything more and i'd take the F500 in a laptop case anyway, so I can fit plenty of other stuff in...

[quote name='Pkomor' post='852244' date='May 30 2010, 11:46 PM']Hmm, If I couldnt fit the cables in with the F500 in the front could I put them in the pocket for the straps on the back, or would they fall out?
It would only need to be for one instrument, speaker and power cable, anything more and i'd take the F500 in a laptop case anyway, so I can fit plenty of other stuff in...[/quote]

That is a deep pocket, I guess you would be fine as long as you don't carry it upside down for long periods of time. The Mono also has plenty of D rings.

The iGig is a viable alternative, it just looked a bit too much like a hiking backpack for my liking.