Why become a member? ×

Status "Vintage" PJ4

giblett123

[quote name='AndyTravis' post='850476' date='May 28 2010, 05:49 PM']That is very pretty.

Best of luck![/quote]
Cheers Andy, its quite difficult to photo, the colour is slightly darker than it looks on the pics, kind of cherry like, as you say, a pretty bass!

[quote name='richardrickenbacker' post='851526' date='May 29 2010, 11:45 PM']How's the graphite sound with the hollow body??[/quote]
Afternoon Rich, its unmistakably a status but with a bit extra, you get the the sustain and clarity you'd expect but if anything it seems beefier, kind of "wider"? it's difficult to describe but its very responsive, it has a ridiculously good slap sound which is wasted on my gimp like technique and has to be the punchiest passive I've played. Fancy coming over and giving it a try?

[quote name='giblett123' post='851939' date='May 30 2010, 05:12 PM']Afternoon Rich, its unmistakably a status but with a bit extra, you get the the sustain and clarity you'd expect but if anything it seems beefier, kind of "wider"? it's difficult to describe but its very responsive, it has a ridiculously good slap sound which is wasted on my gimp like technique and has to be the punchiest passive I've played. Fancy coming over and giving it a try?[/quote]
Swift bump, I have something else coming in so I'm open to offers(ish)!

[quote name='richardrickenbacker' post='854088' date='Jun 1 2010, 08:47 PM']Might have to take a look at it. How's the home brew going?[/quote]The brewing is looking very promising! it wont be ready for another 3 weeks(ish) and I'm hoping to sell this one before then! If you want to come and play it then feel free, just let me know when.
Cheers.

[quote name='giblett123' post='854421' date='Jun 2 2010, 07:33 AM']The brewing is looking very promising! it wont be ready for another 3 weeks(ish) and I'm hoping to sell this one before then! If you want to come and play it then feel free, just let me know when.
Cheers.[/quote]
Price drop to get things moving.

[quote name='loweringthetone' post='856485' date='Jun 3 2010, 08:01 PM']Wow. Now THAT is beautiful ! :) Another wonderful bass from the Giblett stable. Where do you get them from ?

Good luck ![/quote]
This one came from Status! sorry Colin, couldn't resist! :rolleyes: I've decided to shave another hundred quid off the asking price (now £999) as I want a quick sale, so there you go, a new status for under a grand!