Why become a member? ×

Moon JJ4 - NOW SOLD

ikay

For sale to fund acquisition of a fretless is my lovely Moon JJ4.

Beautifully built and sounding bass, put together with care and attention not found on mass produced Fenders and the like. I bought it on BC last year from 'mike'. Originally imported to the UK and owned by 'loudandclear', see this post for more information [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=43605&hl=moon"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=43605&hl=moon[/url]

Very light and well balanced bass weighing in at just 8lbs 5 oz. Body I believe to be ash (from the grain), finished in transblue with matching headstock. Some minor dings and surface scratches (mainly on the back and a couple of small nibbles on the edge of the headstock) but nothing more than you'd expect from a bass that's been well played. Always a sign of a good bass in my experience.

Maple neck with brass nut and 21 fret ebony fingerboard. Chamfored neck heel to improve access to upper frets (similar to that on Mike Lull basses). All black hardware. Vintage tuners and bridge carry 'Moon' branding and logo. Moon branded single coil J pickups and Moon Blackbird 2-band preamp. Controls are Vol, Vol, Bass, Treble. Great playing bass. Sounds range from thunderous bottom end to great slap tone and burpy fingerstyle from the bridge pup.

Price is £525 which is what I paid for it - and those of you who know about Moon basses will know that's a very good price indeed! The last one on here was up for £750.

Collection much preferred (I live in West Sussex between Horsham and Guildford) but will ship at buyers expense if necessary. No hard case but will pack in old Warwick RockBag and heavy duty cardboard box.

Please PM if interested or any questions. If you're nearby you're very welcome to come and try it out.

[attachment=50746:P1030051.jpg][attachment=50743:P1030047.jpg][attachment=50741:Moon2.jpg]
[attachment=50749:P1030055.jpg][attachment=50748:Moon4.jpg][attachment=50747:P1030050.jpg]
[attachment=50744:P1030053.jpg][attachment=50739:P1030062.jpg]
[attachment=50740:P1030063.jpg][attachment=50742:P1030048.jpg]

Edited by ikay