Why become a member? ×

Thank You Victor - Pictures from the Victor Wooten Clinic

Hartke_UK

[b]Thank you Victor for a phenomenal and truly inspiring bass guitar clinic at Digital Village last night. (25/05/10)

We were all amazed at your playing and enthralled with your stories and musical guidance.

Please, please come back and visit the UK soon.[/b]

Thank you also to everyone who came along, those who travelled miles and especially to Ayo who was put under pressure with Victor on the stage. Everyone at DV did a great job on the night and during the event organisation. Cheers.

HARTKE UK

[attachment=50574:Victor_W...ARTKE_01.jpg][attachment=50575:Victor_W...ARTKE_02.jpg]
[attachment=50580:Victor_W...ARTKE_03.jpg][attachment=50577:Victor_W...ARTKE_04.jpg]
[attachment=50578:Victor_W...ARTKE_05.jpg][attachment=50579:Victor_W...with_Ayo.jpg]

Is this where we can say thanks to you for this event?

Like, I'm sure, every single person at the event I was very impressed by Victor's playing, communication skills, musicianship, attitude, humility, time and patience. He was still friends with us after 3+ hours of being on show, signing and having photos etc and being one of the last to leave.

I was expecting an hour of him explaining the latest Hartke features and quoting model numbers. Actually, I believe he mentioned Hartke once and almost in passing. So, my thanks to you is for letting Victor free to play, chat, teach and impress us all about Victor in creating a relaxed, bass players heaven for an evening. Please be assured that despite the focus on Victor, the fact he happily uses Hartke at his level and that Hartke are prepared to invest at our level was lost on no-one.

Thanks again for a great evening.

Greg

Edited by 4 Strings

Glad you enjoyed it Greg.

We decided along time ago that we would let the artists mention the gear as little or as much as they please when they do clinics. After all if we want the product sold we can get professional demostrators to do that. First and foremost people like Victor are musicians and teachers and hearing him quote spec after spec would have just come across as false. He chooses to use Hartke even though he is in a position to pick and choose and whilst you will hear people who are supposed to be "in the know" speculate on the reasons why (money, worldwide support etc) after spending time with him I can assure you it is basically becasue he gets the sound he wants without any hassle so he can concentrate on playing. By his own admission he is not a tech head.

Best wishes

Gareth

[quote name='NickThomas' post='851431' date='May 29 2010, 08:26 PM']What exactly was the set up he was using Gareth? It sounded beautifully clear ![/quote]

This is what he requested for the clinic.

1 LH1000 Hartke Amplifier, 1 HX410 HyDrive Cabinet, 1 HX115 HyDrive Cabinet

He actually used the same stack on each sideof the stage.

The clarity and puchiness is due to the fact that the hydrive range uses a part aluminium and part paper cone. For other music tastes there are traditional paper cones available and all alluminium cones so the falicy that there is a Hartke sound is a bit of a misnomer really. You just need to find what is right for you.

Regards
Gareth

I would like to say thanks for a great evening not only did i get to see the legand that is victor but got to speak to him after the show yoy have managed to fullfill one of my life ambitions what i found on the night that people in the crowd where really listning to what he had to say such an insperation as a teacher and his passion for music is incredable he must off enjoyed himself that night as he played for over two and a halk hours and then spent another hour signing and talking and having pictures taken
THANKYOU

[quote name='RIM Basses' post='856576' date='Jun 3 2010, 09:25 PM']Hi Gareth,

Its on the 10th of October

www.bassday.co.uk[/quote]

Well I am not sure if it will hapen but I will certainly talk to those involved and see what we can do?

Gareth