Why become a member? ×

Rock-Pop Covers Band Set List Suggestions Please

Hey OldGit - I just looked on the Jellied Reels website - is that David Good (without an 'e' - is that correct?) in the photo?. I daren't check any further on your site in case I confirm my suspicions and find myself travelling back in time to a previous existence where we worked together for many years...

I feel a case of the Twilight Zone coming on...

Edited by twowheeledwriter

[quote name='twowheeledwriter' post='844704' date='May 21 2010, 10:36 PM']Hey OldGit - I just looked on the Jellied Reels website - is that David Good (without an 'e' - is that correct?) in the photo?. I daren't check any further on your site in case I confirm my suspicions and find myself travelling back in time to a previous existence where we worked together for many years...

I feel a case of the Twilight Zone coming on...[/quote]

Indeed :) He's amusical tart. Been all over and still does. Even wears tartan and play a bass on some evenings (with other bands that is, not us :rolleyes: )

So how do you know him?

PS not sure if he has an e or not :lol:

[quote name='twowheeledwriter' post='844701' date='May 21 2010, 10:33 PM']Well, that's what I thought!

On a serious note, is it just the first verse? I usually only play for the chorus and the solo, and avoid the verses. I use the verses to do some dancing in the style of Bill Wyman... (:rolleyes: - song idea #73 - (Si Si) Je Suis Un Rock Star)[/quote]

Just the first verse judging by this live one.
Keeeeeeeeef seems to have a guitar with just two strings on :)

Edited by OldGit

Being summer and all that why not chuck in a bit of reggae, Marleys Stir it up always goes down well, or Dawn Penn's No, no , no, or uptown top ranking is another classic.
Failing that Hendrix's Fire, Some Chili's- Give it away is fun, James Brown Get up off that thing etc etc

[quote name='OldGit' post='844708' date='May 21 2010, 11:41 PM']Indeed :) He's amusical tart. Been all over and still does. Even wears tartan and play a bass on some evenings (with other bands that is, not us :rolleyes: )

So how do you know him?

PS not sure if he has an e or not :lol:[/quote]

I worked with him at a small software company in Guildford from 1989 to 1996 - he'd been there for many years before me, and possibly many years after too. Seeing his face on your website was a real blast from the past - fortunately they're good memories! We used to talk guitars in those days, before I saw the light!

It's just strange to come across him again after all this time, from so far away. You can tell him Tim W says "Hi".

[quote name='twowheeledwriter' post='844726' date='May 21 2010, 11:05 PM']I worked with him at a small software company in Guildford from 1989 to 1996 - he'd been there for many years before me, and possibly many years after too. Seeing his face on your website was a real blast from the past - fortunately they're good memories! We used to talk guitars in those days, before I saw the light!

It's just strange to come across him again after all this time, from so far away. You can tell him Tim W says "Hi".[/quote]

I'll PM you his email and you can tell him yourself :)

[quote name='twowheeledwriter' post='844701' date='May 21 2010, 10:33 PM']On a serious note, is it just the first verse? I usually only play for the chorus and the solo, and avoid the verses. I use the verses to do some dancing in the style of Bill Wyman... (:) - song idea #73 - (Si Si) Je Suis Un Rock Star)[/quote]
That's how it is on the record. Just like All Right Now, another one that some bassists just can't resist.

[quote name='tauzero' post='844740' date='May 21 2010, 11:38 PM']That's how it is on the record. Just like All Right Now, another one that some bassists just can't resist.[/quote]

With All Right Now though it's all of the verses ...

Someone was talking about a review of his band where the reviewer was complaining that he played ARN wrong as he "didn't even play during the verses!!"
Doh! Probably thought he was playing a guitar.

[quote name='OldGit' post='844742' date='May 21 2010, 11:41 PM']With All Right Now though it's all of the verses ...[/quote]
As it is for Honky Tonk Women, on the record. I've just fired up the stereo and had a listen. Bass on chorus and solo only.

[quote name='tauzero' post='844746' date='May 21 2010, 11:49 PM']As it is for Honky Tonk Women, on the record. I've just fired up the stereo and had a listen. Bass on chorus and solo only.[/quote]

I generally leave them to it for the first verse and then help them out a bit in the subsequent verses. :)
I have staff to play the cowbell :rolleyes: