Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

British Jazz

Bilbo

[quote name='hubrad' post='874057' date='Jun 22 2010, 12:30 AM']Liane Carroll - plays amazing piano while singing a totally different (or totally same!) line. Used to smoke like a chimney during piano solos.. she's had to stop that, but it hasn't harmed her voice at all.[/quote]

Liane is amazing and highly recommended live - her husband Roger Carey is a mean electric bass jazzer and really tears it up in her trio - a really underrated player IMO

I was listening to some good British Jazz/Jazz style material the other day. Some bloke with glasses, wearing a green jacket and had something to do with herbs. Well I assume it was herbs, it was spelt wrong and came out as Urb. :lol: :)
Ooo, look, looked exactly like that post up there (can't do arrows I'm afraid :lol: )

Nice work enjoyed it. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Marvin' post='874756' date='Jun 22 2010, 07:35 PM']I was listening to some good British Jazz/Jazz style material the other day. Some bloke with glasses, wearing a green jacket and had something to do with herbs. Well I assume it was herbs, it was spelt wrong and came out as Urb. :lol: :)
Ooo, look, looked exactly like that post up there (can't do arrows I'm afraid :lol: )

Nice work enjoyed it. :rolleyes:[/quote]

Thanks Marv - [url="http://www.munkio.com/urb.html"]I'm assuming you mean this[/url] - hoping to make some better stuff soon!

Cheers

Mike

[quote name='urb' post='875165' date='Jun 23 2010, 10:18 AM']Thanks Marv - [url="http://www.munkio.com/urb.html"]I'm assuming you mean this[/url] - hoping to make some better stuff soon!

Cheers

Mike[/quote]
That's it exactly. Quite an eclectic mix of influences without loosing any focus. Good stuff.
(that may not sound very good and is the reason I never went into journalism).

Edited by Marvin

[quote name='urb' post='874686' date='Jun 22 2010, 06:32 PM']Liane is amazing and highly recommended live - her husband Roger Carey is a mean electric bass jazzer and really tears it up in her trio - a really underrated player IMO[/quote]
A big fat +1 to that.. he manages to combine busy and extremely cool in the same bassline!
Well worth checking out - there's some vids of them on Youtube, even better to catch LCT at a gig. :)