Why become a member? ×

Off to the states

oldslapper

I'm off to the states for a week, beg June.

Whilst I'm there I usually load up with some DR fat beams for my electric basses as they are half the price.

Never bought upright strings in US before, being fairly new to gigging with DB.

I thought it might be an opportunity to buy a set or two that are either exclusive to the US, or are cheaper over there. For reference I play pizz Jazz, with a bit of occasional "bounce" but no slap.
At the moment I'm using the same strings that came on both uprights (EUB/Acoustic).
Steels, fairly taught and low action is how I'd best describe them.
Quite fancy some Innovation Honeys, but can't find them on any US web sites so far.
Any recommendations from the experienced upright fraternity plz would be welcomed.

cheers,
John

Edited by oldslapper

[quote name='oldslapper' post='834228' date='May 11 2010, 01:56 PM']I'm off to the states for a week, beg June.

Whilst I'm there I usually load up with some DR fat beams for my electric basses as they are half the price.

Never bought upright strings in US before, being fairly new to gigging with DB.

I thought it might be an opportunity to buy a set or two that are either exclusive to the US, or are cheaper over there. For reference I play pizz Jazz, with a bit of occasional "bounce" but no slap.
At the moment I'm using the same strings that came on both uprights (EUB/Acoustic).
Steels, fairly taught and low action is how I'd best describe them.
Quite fancy some Innovation Honeys, but can't find them on any US web sites so far.
Any recommendations from the experienced upright fraternity plz would be welcomed.

cheers,
John[/quote]

Some are cheaper, some more expensive.
Innovation strings (inc Honeys), made in UK, are cheaper over here. www.soundpost.co.uk sell them about as cheap as anywhere.

[quote name='PaulKing' post='834243' date='May 11 2010, 02:14 PM']Some are cheaper, some more expensive.
Innovation strings (inc Honeys), made in UK, are cheaper over here. www.soundpost.co.uk sell them about as cheap as anywhere.[/quote]

Thanks Paul.
After I posted this, I thought "this is a bit of a 'how long is a piece of string' question really"... :)
John