Why become a member? ×

How hard is it to trade basses?

Prime_BASS

[quote name='OldGit' post='833950' date='May 11 2010, 09:14 AM']Unless this is a secret classic I'd suggest £500 is rather ambitious. Someone may prove me wrong, of course.[/quote]

I'm not really into entering discussions on prices and what older instruments are worth, but even though this is a really good example - I picked mine up, delivered from the US for under 300 notes. The bass it self was just over 200. I have to say though, they are, when in A1 condition VERY good instruments and I would love to have another one - one day.

[quote name='cameltoe' post='835537' date='May 12 2010, 06:30 PM']Not that heavy, I just don't feel all that comfortable with it on.

I'm sure someone else would love it and have no problem with it.

I've messed around with the strap loads btw.[/quote]

Stick it on the bathroom scales, mate.
People always want to know how heavy a bass is, especially if you've been talking about bad backs and stuff.

[quote name='Prime_BASS' post='835790' date='May 12 2010, 11:31 PM']Well since I changed the description a lit and the thread title I got a lit of interest, and acdeal is now done and I'm looking forward to a jack cassady bass.[/quote]

Jammy bastard :)

Yup I was looking at one to buy new before I get the fender and in all honesty I think I'd use it more than any jazz or precision I would have maybe got. I did have one contact offer a EBMM stingray but for some reason I go no message back.

Still I think this topic is still valid when you do a simple bass trade search there's a few that seem to end in a no deal. But also this topic suggests that the write description for any bass will help it along.