Why become a member? ×

Ampeg SVT 4 Pro

Raggy

[quote name='dood' post='847074' date='May 25 2010, 12:03 AM']Yes, you will be able to run the SVT 4 Pro bridged in to the 610. The bridged power amp, according to the manual is able to drive a 4 Ohm load @ 1200W 'continuous'. In reality, normal bass playing is not able to attain 'continuous' 1200W - The 610 cab will be able to handle 90% of situations - I have to say, having heard the BSE410 and the SVT610 - the 610 seems to sound twice as big, due to that extended bottom end - but - the two 410s are still moving more air, given the extra two speakers. So you could gain with one hand and lose with the other depending on what you want.

I have to say, personally I would go for the 610. My mate Stag has one paired with the SVT 5 Pro and it's a beast![/quote]

It's as I feared then... Just when my amp GAS seemed quenched! :)

Dood, you are like a wise-learned devil sitting on my shoulder now, but I usually listen to them when it comes to gear anyway :rolleyes:
I do LOVE the sound of the two BSE cabs-they are HUGE sounding with the 4PRO , but I think I could still get that little bit more from the amp and the 610 seems to be the most practical option at the moment.

I will certainly try and get in on it then I reckon,
Cheers,
Col