Why become a member? ×

Trace elliot 1528 2x15 + flight case

ive got some gas and want a chance of scenery in the backline.
Ideally for trade but also open for offers.
(ashdown rig now sold on ebay)
Trace elliot 1528 - I just bought this a few weeks ago on a whim, its a great cab with lows you can really feel in your gut and surprisingly good sizzling highs but i have some major storage issues and the 'rents aren't too happy, so it has to go. It looks pretty beat up but is in perfect working order... + comes with a really rugged flight case.

sorry, only iphone pic at the moment, i'll take better when i get it out of my car tomorow. (just fyi, in the flight case the cab just about fits in my fiat stilo)

i'm pretty flexable with offers. idealy would like a couple of 210, 115 or 112 neo cabs, i've got some money to put into the right deal too.
Buying a terror bass (unless something else catches my eye) to couple a light-ish cab with.

Edited by Colledge

i'm open for decent offers on anything,
looking for 100ish for each ashdown cab, maybe 250 for the head and as for the trace..... i have no idea what its worth, the only place ive seen one for sale is in america for $900 so hit me with any decent offers.
i'm in durham by the way and can deliver within a reasonable distance for petrol money.

thanks for the offer, but i'm really looking for something with atleast a tube pre. i'm in a classic rock / blues band with a loud as hell drummer so i need something with alot of power and i'm after some tube tone/crunch. i'm not expecting much to come up in the respect, i'll probably just buy a terror bass from soundslive.

heres some pics of the trace cab+flight case.

the amp grille has been brush painted by the previous owner, the handles have tape on for extra grip and the speaker clamps have a bit of corrosion on them but otherwise its a solid cab.... definitely feels like a tank.

bump,
£75 ono each for the ashdown cabs,
£150 ono for the trace cab + case
£250 ono for the mag600

hit me with any offers, not really sure what i'm after on the cab front, something more portable than the trace cab but otherwise i'm wide open.
i'll put the ashdown stuff on the bay in a few days if theres no takers.

Edited by Colledge

according to parcel2go (at ashdown quoted weight and dimensions) postage will be around the £20 mark per cab.

on another note, if i dont get any offers for trades i might have a go at building my own 2x12 neo cab, either that or have a go at the fabled feaful 15/6 cab

i havn't got any abm stuff on hand to try out, but according to ashdown, the mag cabs are slighly smaller at 468 x 604 x 420 vs.474 x 610 x 420
thats only 6mm width and no difference in depth.
the cabs are felt covered as they are (i think) second gen cabs as they have the abm style grille but retain the blueline speakers.

BUMP!
theres so many amps and cabs i want up in these classifieds, its killing me to not be able to buy anything, so theres must go!
the ashdown rig will go on ebay tomorrow, but i dont think i can bare to let the trace cab go on there, would much rather one of you lot had it.

I could sit my 2x15" upright on the floor of the boot, tip it back and clear the roof in my Honda Civic. You'd probably have to load the cab on its back in the flightcase unless you used the boot lip as a fulcrum to tip over into the boot.

sorry, didnt realise i had any replies on here.
the trace cab is arround h108, w69 and d53 in the flight case.
in the flight case it can snugly fit in my fiat stilo (mid sized hatchback) and without the case theres plenty of spare room for head and a few basses etc.
also bump... i need room!

edit: also able to deliver/meet for petrol money... within reason.

Edited by Colledge

have the ashdown rig on ebay now as a whole for quick sale, still offers welcome on here though.
willing to split if required and i suppose postage can be arranged at the buyers expense.

tried out an orange terror bass yesterday at soundslive and its given me major gas, if only i could afford the orange 4x10 i was playing through too... but thats a pie in the sky.

its 300w @ 8 ohms so yeah it should do well.
but when pairing amps and cabs the wattage isn't really that big a factor as you can hear an overloaded driver from a mile off.
i was using a mag600 head with this (about 400w @ 8 ohms) and it pot out a lot more volume and low end than my other (now sold) 2x10 and 1x15 ashdown rig which was rated at a higher power.

these older speakers are more sensitive so are louder per watt than newer (higher power rating) speakers.

• 2 weeks later...