Why become a member? ×

OBBM speaker cable

Dave made this for me a few weeks ago but as I'm selling the Crown power amp I bought it for I no longer have need of it

1 metre long, made of Klotz 4 sq mm cable with speakons either end, wired for use with BRIDGED power amps.

[b]£15, posted 1st class.[/b]

Thanks

Gareth

Edited by walbassist

[quote name='chriswilliams666' post='833196' date='May 10 2010, 04:22 PM']Excuse my ignorance mate. What is the difference between a normal power amp/bass head compared to a bridged power amp?[/quote]

If your stereo power amp has a facility to bridge, and not all do, you are effectively combining the power output from each channel and making the amp mono. This requires a speaker cable specially wired for the job.

[quote name='walbassist' post='833239' date='May 10 2010, 04:53 PM']If your stereo power amp has a facility to bridge, and not all do, you are effectively combining the power output from each channel and making the amp mono. This requires a speaker cable specially wired for the job.[/quote]

Think there are plenty of variations on the theme though, might not be too consistent, some have a bridge specific output, some are binding post only for bridging, some have internal switching that uses a normal output.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='833248' date='May 10 2010, 05:00 PM']Think there are plenty of variations on the theme though, might not be too consistent, some have a bridge specific output, some are binding post only for bridging, some have internal switching that uses a normal output.[/quote]

Absolutely. For those of a technical nature, this cable is wired 1+/2+ on a speakon cable.

• 2 weeks later...