Why become a member? ×

Gallien Kruger 700RB 1x15 combo - SOLD

Up for sale: My Gallien Kruger 700RB 115 Combo.

Here's what it looks like.

More pics [url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/33223270@N00/tags/700rb/"]HERE[/url].

Here a link to the [url="http://web.archive.org/web/20020811155842/www.gallien-krueger.com/PRODUCTS/COMBOS/700RB_115/700rb_115.html"]SPECS[/url]

Note that mine is the 'Mark 1' or whatever. There are key spec differences from the current one: mine is 225 watts as it stands, 380 with a further 8 ohm cabinet. The amp as biamped, and the tweeter gets an additional 50W.

This is a great amp, full range, very deep (and bought for that very reason) with none of the flab that you might expect from some 15's. I think I'm right in saying CrazyKiwi is a fan of these amps, certainly I chatted on bassworld with someone about how good they are, but since bassworld is now gone, unfortunately I can't find the postings to support that.

Very portable, as 1x15's go, because of the wheels and tip back feature, which also means you can have it aimed up at you, monitor style. It's seen fairly light use, probably about 30 gigs over 4 years. It's almost always been transported in my car (rather than knocking around with other gear in a van). 1 owner from new.

I'm selling because this is oversized for the gigs I now do, so I now have something more appropriate.

Because of the size, I'd [i]prefer[/i] this to be picked up (I'm in North London), but if you have other ideas, let me know. Over the coming weeks, it seems possible I'll be travelling London to Gloucester by car, and London to Doncaster by car. If you're near one of those routes we can probably work something out. Even if you're NOT near one of those routes, please get in touch ... we could always meet halfway, maybe?

Cash on pickup preferred. Paypal might be an option, please ask. I've got a small [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=823"]feedback thread[/url] you may want to check.

Andy

Edited by BigBeatNut

Yep, I own a couple of them which are the newer, more powerful version and they lack for nothing (IMO). What I like most is that I have to decide what to take away from what I hear, not worry about what's missing like I had with the Eden, Trace and SWR heads I used to own. I've used them in gigs up to the Clapham Grand in size with no issues with volume at all. I can also use ALL my basses from the Alembic to the Smith 6 and get very consistent results.

Pair one of these with the 210RBH (or even just a normal 2x10") and I get all the warmth plus LOADS of punch and growl at ear bleeding volumes.

Have a bump mate :)

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='8596' date='May 29 2007, 01:54 PM']What I like most is that I have to decide what to take away from what I hear, not worry about what's missing

Have a bump mate :)[/quote]

Exactly my thoughts on GK - I had the 400RB combo and currently own the 400RB and 1001RB heads.

I always figured that if I don't swing too hard on the eq's to get a basic core sound that I'm happy with then it must be the amp for me. These are terrific combo's and well done to whoever buys it.

If you're interested but put off by the suggested London pickup please get in touch to see if we can work something out.

Over the coming weeks, it seems possible I'll be travelling London to Gloucester by car, and London to Doncaster by car. If you're near one of those routes we can probably work something out.

Even if you're NOT near one of those routes, please get in touch ... we could always meet halfway, maybe?

Cheers, Andy

Hey man, where in North London are you? I'm in Hackney Wick, but I'd be prepared to come round yours to pick up the amp. Are you near a tube or train? I don't have a car :huh: , so that would help...

I'd like to offer you 250 for the amp. I realise that this may not sound much but it really is all I can afford. I really like the look of the amp, and I guess it's probably worth a bit more? I guess it depends how desperate (if at all) you are to sell... Anyway, please be aware that it will go to a good home and be put good use, as the band I am in has just started gigging :) ... Let me know what you think anyway...

Cheers
Griff

I've just discovered that the wonderful internet archive actually has a copy of the specs of my combo.

Here you go .... [url="http://web.archive.org/web/20020811155842/www.gallien-krueger.com/PRODUCTS/COMBOS/700RB_115/700rb_115.html"]SPECS[/url]