Why become a member? ×

Removed for now

Chris Horton

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Chris,

When you say 1978 / 1980 does that mean it was made somewhere between these years or something like it's a '78 body with an '80 neck?

Also - do you know roughly how much it weighs and which of the various P bass neck profiles and nut widths it has?

My old '76 had a really chunky neck and weighed a ton but I think Fenders from around this era varied quite a lot :)

[quote name='molan' post='850015' date='May 28 2010, 07:35 AM']Hi Chris,

When you say 1978 / 1980 does that mean it was made somewhere between these years or something like it's a '78 body with an '80 neck?

Also - do you know roughly how much it weighs and which of the various P bass neck profiles and nut widths it has?

My old '76 had a really chunky neck and weighed a ton but I think Fenders from around this era varied quite a lot :)[/quote]

Hi Molan,

The Body and neck are stamped 1978 and the pots and pick ups are stammped 1980. I believe them to be original to the bass. From what I have read this is fairly comman with instruments made in this era as Fender were using up parts that had been in stock for a while.

On a Calibrated set of scales the Bass weighs 4.476 Kg which is 9.867 Lbs.
[attachment=50715:4a.jpg]

I will get back to you with nut width etc as i will have to take some measurements.

Kind regards

Chris

Hi Molan,

Here are some pictures of the neck sizes at the Nut/1st fret and also the 12th fret.
Hope these pictures are helpful :)

Pictures of the nut/1st Fret
[attachment=50789:Nut___1s...t_Inches.JPG]
[attachment=50790:Nut___1st_fret_MM.JPG]

Picture of the 12 Fret
[attachment=50788:12th_fret.JPG]

Regards
Chris

Edited by Chris Horton

[quote name='Chris Horton' post='852172' date='May 30 2010, 09:02 PM']How about a pic of the Natural P bass next to it's slightly younger brother :)[/quote]

Cherryburst. Nice. When does that one date to - '81?

[quote name='Chris Horton' post='852176' date='May 30 2010, 09:08 PM']Does this float your boat ?[/quote]

The man has no pity.

Edited by noelk27