Why become a member? ×

Cubase question

I have a zoom H4 which I am well pleased with, I was just wondering if you could uses two input devices with cubase LE, the idea being perhaps to get the new pod X3, which would give me a vocal input and a modeled bass input for easy one take recording.
The h4 is a great bit of kit but i would like the ability to record the whole band on separate tracks, I realise there are firewire/usb interfaces which would give me 4+ inputs but I plan to get another POD anyway and the zoom and pod will be part of my standard kit.

Any help or advise would be appreciated

Steve

Edited by steve-norris

It's a while since I've been on cubase, but IIRC you could use a stereo track and assign each channel to the appropriate mono input on your interface, or just use two mono tracks. I think your application is more dependant on the abilities of your audio interface than those of cubase.

or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

or the wrong stick????

[quote name='steve' post='89937' date='Nov 17 2007, 04:41 PM']It's a while since I've been on cubase, but IIRC you could use a stereo track and assign each channel to the appropriate mono input on your interface, or just use two mono tracks. I think your application is more dependant on the abilities of your audio interface than those of cubase.

or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

or the wrong stick????[/quote]

Not entirley, i use can use the zoom to record two seperate tracks. but what i am thinking about is getting a pod x3 and using as an additional USB recoring interface so i can record 4 tracks at once if possible?

Edited by steve-norris

[quote name='dr.funk' post='90352' date='Nov 18 2007, 05:05 PM']I'm not sure if it supports multiple devices, if it doesn't it might be worth looking at a utility called ASIO for all (maybe 4 all?) which should do just that![/quote]
You only need that if the devices you're using do not have asio drivers.

I'm not aware of there is a limitation of a single hardware device in LE (Thats not to say there definitely isn't one, but I am not aware of it and I have not found it documented anywhere), but there is a limit of 8 physical inputs/outputs. There is a free patch available from [url="http://steinberg.net"]http://steinberg.net[/url] if you're running an earlier version with a lower limit.