Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Superfly 2x250watts NEW boxed with receipt

warwickhunt

OK final push to sell one of my amps...

I bought this as a spare (back when I had one amp :) ) or to use in the band to drive monitors, now I have 4 amps and one fledgling band that has powered monitors!

This is a SoundControl £199 special, it's never been unpacked and is still in the SC carrierbag. It isn't doing any harm sitting here but it may as well be getting used. I'm asking what I paid for it.

Pics to follow later but it's essentially a new Ashdown Superfly with all of the bits (bag, rackmounting kit etc). Please be aware that it is 250 watts each side into 4 ohms and can't be bridged (you can drive a pair of 4 ohm cabs).

Edited by warwickhunt

Good idea MB1. I took all 4 amps to the rehearsal today (you can imagine the looks from the band) and I can assure you all amps work as they should. I even hooked the Ashdown up to a pair of spare Yamaha 4 ohm 1x15 PA cabs and it was frighteningly good :) No kettle noises or anything untoward to report at all.

[quote name='kiwijetpilot' post='92382' date='Nov 21 2007, 09:27 PM']Just wondering what the warranty situation is with these... with so many of them having failed, will SC honour the warranty to the next owner? If the warranty transfers, I'm interested.[/quote]

I have the original receipt so transferred ownership shouldn't be an issue. I know the guys at my local SC as I use them for educational purchases on a regular basis and I'm sure they'd square it but if it came to a problem that they couldn't resolve with your local SC then I'd offer to take it back (I'd pay for return carriage) give a full refund and I'd take it back to the SC I bought it from. This talk of failure rate... I'd love to know what the actual figures are. I recall a great deal of problems with GK 1001 amps failing but I think you'll find that most of the failure reports are second/third hand reports.

I'm not saying that the Ashdown Superfly issue is totally inaccurate or unfounded but I fired this up with no issues and ran it into a pair of cabs... no issues at all. Any way you have my word 'if' this expires under warranty and there is a problem with you returning it to your local SC that can't be resolved by my branch then I'll take it back. Can't say fairer than that.

No, you definitely can't say fairer than that! I don't know exactly how many have failed either, but Ashdown pulled them pretty quickly so there were obviously a few... which also explains the price they liquidated their stock at. Having said that, it is such a good idea that it is worth the risk!

PM on the way.

[quote name='kiwijetpilot' post='92474' date='Nov 22 2007, 12:06 AM']No, you definitely can't say fairer than that! I don't know exactly how many have failed either, but Ashdown pulled them pretty quickly so there were obviously a few... which also explains the price they liquidated their stock at. Having said that, it is such a good idea that it is worth the risk!

PM on the way.[/quote]

PMd back but the Ireland destination may be problematic :)

Cheers