Why become a member? ×

For Sale Mark Bass SA 450 + MB 102HF

claudio

For sale my Mark Bass rig, very good condition, never gigged, just played at home.
I am looking for £400 for the head ( included MB bag ) and £300 for the Cabinet plus shipping.
Pics will be added soon.
Thanks
Claudio

Edited by claudio

Astonishingly good price on the SA450 for what is a much, much better head than the LMII because of the extra EQ'ing and the fact that there are two speakons out.

Gigged with mine last night and still loving it.

[quote name='claudio' post='825374' date='May 2 2010, 10:20 AM']something that i forgot to say, the cab is 4ohms[/quote]
Well then you're a very naughty boy.
Fat lot of good that is.

Damn. Never mind.

Share your thoughts anyway...
I'm used to an Ashdown MAG410 cab, warm and loud and full. Play upright bass through it.

I really was astonished at the output of the Markbass CMD121P, only wanting a little more bottom oomph, and of course the option to get the full 500W through a second 8ohm cab. I actually hooked it to the Ashdown 410 last night, and my what a noise. Loved it, and the clarity and transparency of the amp. The 121 had a tendency to mid range for me, but I was able to EQ it out. And I heard every note all night, which isn't a given when you play upright.

Very tempted by the Traveller 102, light as anything. But worried it'll lack the oomph I want, what with rear port and light weight. That's why I've been thinking Standard 102HF instead.

Anyone any experience of how much extra the Standard gives over the Traveller?
Or indeed if they're both a bit thin on the bottom, and I should go for a heavyweight Ashdown if I want that sound.

[quote name='PaulKing' post='825866' date='May 2 2010, 08:39 PM']Well then you're a very naughty boy.
Fat lot of good that is.

Damn. Never mind.

I'm used to an Ashdown MAG410 cab, warm and loud and full. Play upright bass through it.

I really was astonished at the output of the Markbass CMD121P, only wanting a little more bottom oomph, and of course the option to get the full 500W through a second 8ohm cab. I actually hooked it to the Ashdown 410 last night, and my what a noise. Loved it, and the clarity and transparency of the amp. The 121 had a tendency to mid range for me, but I was able to EQ it out. And I heard every note all night, which isn't a given when you play upright.

Very tempted by the Traveller 102, light as anything. But worried it'll lack the oomph I want, what with rear port and light weight. That's why I've been thinking Standard 102HF instead.

Or indeed if they're both a bit thin on the bottom, and I should go for a heavyweight Ashdown if I want that sound.[/quote]

I use to have a Fafner with a 4x10, never went over 3 at volume, that`s the reason i went for the 4 ohms, but I understand everyone got different needs.
thanks for your interest
Claudio

[quote name='claudio' post='824728' date='May 1 2010, 12:14 PM']For sale my Mark Bass rig, very good condition, never gigged, just played at home.
I am looking for £400 for the head ( included MB bag ) and £300 for the Cabinet plus shipping.
Pics will be added soon.
Thanks
Claudio[/quote]

I'm liking the rig, where abouts are you based?

[quote name='PaulKing' post='825866' date='May 2 2010, 08:39 PM']Well then you're a very naughty boy.
Fat lot of good that is.

Damn. Never mind.

Or indeed if they're both a bit thin on the bottom, and I should go for a heavyweight Ashdown if I want that sound.[/quote]I have one of each and yes obviously the 102hf has considerably more low end, at larger gigs i use em both, at pub gigs i just take the hf, its a great combination to have imho, tho i wouldnt mind another 102 hf single ported 8 ohmer at some time. I got it used from bass direct for a very reasonable price the trav cab was a snip on ebay, one of those wrongly described bargains!!!!!