Why become a member? ×

ON HOLD - Squier Classic Vibe Jazz Bass

benebass

Hi - I'll probably regret this, but following the 'one in one out' rule I'm going to put my Squier Classic Vibe Jazz up for sale. I bought it from Moos3h (original thread [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=62194"]here[/url]) & he'd upgraded it with GFS JB Pro Jazz Bass pickups (approx. $100 US shipped here), which give it a much fuller sound than the stock pickups (more details on the pickups [url="http://store.guitarfetish.com/gfsjbprojaba.html"]here[/url]).

Since it's been in my hands, I've had it restrung with La Bella 760FX flats (.39 - .96 - £28) & professionally set up (£30). I've also swapped the scratchplate for a Mighty Mite red tortoiseshell one (£20) & changed the standard knobs over to knurled chromed steel ones (£15). I still have all the original hardware, so I'll include that in the sale.

Condition is good - the only thing to report is a crack to the headstock varnish - this happened before I bought it & you don't notice it unless you look directly at the end of the headstock (see the original thread for a good pic of it).

Overall, I think it plays, looks & sounds much better that an off-the-shelf one - a couple of people who've played it were surprised it was a Squier!

[attachment=48498:IMGP1236.JPG] [attachment=48499:IMGP1237.JPG] [attachment=48500:IMGP1240.JPG]

It came to me in a brand new hard case, so I'll be happy to sell it on with the case for [b]£225 posted[/b] within the UK.

Cheers,

B.

Edited by benebass

[quote name='benebass' post='822313' date='Apr 28 2010, 06:57 PM']Hi - I'll probably regret this, but following the 'one in one out' rule I'm going to put my Squier Classic Vibe Jazz up for sale. I bought it from Moos3h (original thread [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=62194"]here[/url]) & he'd upgraded it with GFS JB Pro Jazz Bass pickups, which give it a much fuller sound than the stock pickups (more details on the pickups [url="http://store.guitarfetish.com/gfsjbprojaba.html"]here[/url]).

Since it's been in my hands, I've had it restrung with La Bella 760FX flats (.39 - .96) & professionally set up. I've also swapped the scratchplate for a Mighty Mite red tortoiseshell one & changed the standard knobs over to knurled chrome ones. I still have all the original hardware, so I'll include that in the sale.

Condition is good - the only thing to report is a crack to the headstock varnish - this was before I had it (see the original thread for a good pic of it).

Overall, I think it looks & sounds much better that an off-the-shelf one - a couple of people who've played it were surprised it was a Squier!

It came to me in a brand new hard case, so I'll be happy to sell it on with the case for £250 posted within the UK.

Cheers,

B.[/quote]

Sounds like a good un. Do you think the new pups make that big a difference? What i mean is have you had a good play of an [i]off the shelf [/i]model? (I was just wondering if it would be worth getting mine done later on in the year)

Edited by daz

[quote name='daz' post='822446' date='Apr 28 2010, 09:11 PM']Sounds like a good un. Do you think the new pups make that big a difference? What i mean is have you had a good play of an [i]off the shelf [/i]model? (I was just wondering if it would be worth getting mine done later on in the year)[/quote]

Hi Daz - I didn't realise how much of a difference they made until I went into a local shop to try some amps & took a stock Classic Vibe Jazz off the wall - didn't sound half as good as this one does! It makes it sound much fuller & richer than the standard pickups to my ears - might start having second thoughts about selling it if I'm not careful...

Cheers,

B.

[quote name='benebass' post='822313' date='Apr 28 2010, 06:57 PM']Hi - I'll probably regret this, but following the 'one in one out' rule I'm going to put my Squier Classic Vibe Jazz up for sale. I bought it from Moos3h (original thread [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=62194"]here[/url]) & he'd upgraded it with GFS JB Pro Jazz Bass pickups (approx. $100 US shipped here), which give it a much fuller sound than the stock pickups (more details on the pickups [url="http://store.guitarfetish.com/gfsjbprojaba.html"]here[/url]).

Since it's been in my hands, I've had it restrung with La Bella 760FX flats (.39 - .96 - £28) & professionally set up (£30). I've also swapped the scratchplate for a Mighty Mite red tortoiseshell one (£20) & changed the standard knobs over to knurled chromed steel ones (£15). I still have all the original hardware, so I'll include that in the sale.

Condition is good - the only thing to report is a crack to the headstock varnish - this happened before I bought it & you don't notice it unless you look directly at the end of the headstock (see the original thread for a good pic of it).

Overall, I think it plays, looks & sounds much better that an off-the-shelf one - a couple of people who've played it were surprised it was a Squier!

[attachment=48498:IMGP1236.JPG] [attachment=48499:IMGP1237.JPG] [attachment=48500:IMGP1240.JPG]

It came to me in a brand new hard case, so I'll be happy to sell it on with the case for [b]£225 posted[/b] within the UK.

Cheers,
The bass looks great only the picture with the dent on the headstock is NOT clear at all
B.[/quote]

[quote]The bass looks great only the picture with the dent on the headstock is NOT clear at all[/quote]

Hi Mike,

Really struggled to take a decent picture of the headstock, but couldn't manage to get the light right. Will see what I can do.

In the meantime, if you have a look at [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=62194"]the thread where I bought it[/url], you'll see a pretty good pic of the missing varnish - it's the fourth picture down. It's had home use only by me, so the condition in that thread is how it is now.

Cheers,

B.

P.S. My feedback thread is [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=70908"]here[/url] - changed my Basschat user name since I bought this bass

Hi - as requested, here's a better pic of the varnish crack on the headstock: -

[attachment=49292:IMGP1270.JPG]

This looks like a totally cosmetic issue to me & you can't see it from the front. Give me a shout if you want any more info...

Cheers,

B.

Little bump from me, the original owner. I can even tell you how that lacquer damage happened. Was doing my best Alan Partridge around the living room and the phone rang. Turned round to answer it and clocked the headstock on the door frame. Didn't even go out of tune, but was enough to take some lacquer off.

Fantastic bass, I've owned a few of these now and they are just awesome - put it up against any Mexican or Japanese Fender and it's just as good, especially post pickup upgrade.

I have a squier jazz bass with bartolinis ,EBS pre amp,Baddass bridge,Proper tuning heads ,Fender pickguard and the edges of the frets dressed in nice and smooth to save some finger skin! Its the nuts and I use it as a full time second bass to a pukka Stingray plays and sounds better than [u]any[/u] fender I have tried! It has made me go on a quest to find one and when I do I will buy it even if I cant afford it at the time because I know it must be one of the best jazzes out there.I concidered fitting all thegoodies off mine to a fender body and neck but cant find one that plays any where near as good.So anyone after a good second bass should seriously think about this one (fit a badass bridge though it made more difference than the pickup swap I swear It will be first thing to put on any future jazz basses I own). Cool and the gang!