Why become a member? ×

New Shuker - Currently being concieved

Magnolia

After years of reading the joy of others getting basses built by Jon I have finally decided to start the ball rolling on getting my own built.
It’s in the very early stages at the moment, but in my head it’s an absolute cracker so I'm sure it will be once it becomes a reality. I want something very similar in shape as my flea as it’s the most comfortable bass I have ever played. Just I want something a little more organic sounding.
Quick rundown on the specs I have decided on so far (which I’ll update as more gets decided)

4 String
34” Scale
24 Fret
Birdseye maple neck
Birdseye maple f/b
Black blocks and binding
Possible custom inlay at the 12th. I'm thinking about an inlay within the black block inlay if possible.
Medium frets
2 way Truss rod
Carbon Fibre reinforced
I'm thinking about side Red LEDs
Body wood is to be decided. I'm waiting for Jon to get back to me on this
Flamed maple top – With thin black pinstripe around
Finished in a trans red.
Musicman style humbucker and a jazz pickup in the neck position – Yet to be decided on which make
2 band active pre amp – Yet to be decided on which make yet. Maybe with the idea of a passive switch if possible.
Side mounted Jack.
Control lay out as Vol, Vol, Bass, Treb - Maybe even stacked Vol/Vol
Black Gotoh tuners + D tuner
Black Badass II Bridge

Anyway this is what I have managed to get out of my head so far. I'm sure there are a few blanks which Jon will advise me with.
It’s just in the idea stage at the moment and already I can’t wait! :) Will be on photoshop later mocking it all up. I need to see how it will look!

It's not a Shuker but my custom OW EVO 5 is a trans red with a maple board and black hardware so these may give you a good idea of how they look together...

For me it's a winning combination...

[attachment=48817:JW_EVO_01.jpg]
[attachment=48818:JW_EVO_02.jpg]
[attachment=48819:JW_EVO_03.jpg]
[attachment=48820:JW_EVO_04.jpg]

Getting a bass built to your specs is brilliant - hope it turns out to be awesome :)

[quote name='jwbassman' post='826194' date='May 3 2010, 08:58 AM']It's not a Shuker but my custom OW EVO 5 is a trans red with a maple board and black hardware so these may give you a good idea of how they look together...

For me it's a winning combination...

[attachment=48817:JW_EVO_01.jpg]
[attachment=48818:JW_EVO_02.jpg]
[attachment=48819:JW_EVO_03.jpg]
[attachment=48820:JW_EVO_04.jpg]

Getting a bass built to your specs is brilliant - hope it turns out to be awesome :)[/quote]

Yummy! It looks like a lollipop! very lickable lol!! (I mean, looks tastey!)