Why become a member? ×

Pignose upgrade

pbass67

Hi

I have a Pignose Hog 30watt job. Great because its battery powered, but it sounds pretty pants with its 8" speaker. Anybody know what ohmage the speaker may be, I've had a look inside but it don't say on the speaker. I would hope it would sound better with a 10" speaker. I've also considered taking the idea and making it better ie: rebuild the cab bigger and lighter, neo speaker and more powerful amp that could still be powered by a 12v battery.

Any thoughts would be welcomed. Gotta dash to a gig now but if I make any progress I'll keep you all informed.

Cheers Paul

[quote name='pbass67' post='817466' date='Apr 24 2010, 07:37 PM']Hi

I have a Pignose Hog 30watt job. Great because its battery powered, but it sounds pretty pants with its 8" speaker. Anybody know what ohmage the speaker may be, I've had a look inside but it don't say on the speaker. I would hope it would sound better with a 10" speaker. I've also considered taking the idea and making it better ie: rebuild the cab bigger and lighter, neo speaker and more powerful amp that could still be powered by a 12v battery.

Any thoughts would be welcomed. Gotta dash to a gig now but if I make any progress I'll keep you all informed.

Cheers Paul[/quote]

I've got the same Pignose amp and have thought about upgrading the speaker too.
Let me know if you find any info? Cheers!

Thanks for the link Wayne.

That at least shows there is more scope for a battery powered amp than the Pignose currently offers, although I wouldn't want to pay that much for the privilege.
Here's another idea. Could I use my East J Retro as a preamp in the amp instead of the bass with a little modding.

Hi Casapete, will let you know if I get anywhere with this.
Any other Pignose owners out there ?

Didn't somebody here build a BFM Omni 10.5 and then stick a little 5 watt amp in there. I seem to remember it worked ok for fun.

Any advice on possible speaker/s etc welcome. still don't the ohmage yet tho, Is there a way to test this ?

And finally, Am I just being silly or d'ya think its a go'er ?

P.