Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz bass scratchplate...

David Nimrod

[quote name='David Nimrod' post='88974' date='Nov 15 2007, 03:10 PM']Hi guys, I want to get a brown tortoiseshell scratchplate for my MIM Jazz.

Anyone know where I can get a Fender one, or at least on that will fit ;-)

What I don't want to do is have to re drill screw holes, or anything like it!

Thanks in advance for any info.[/quote]

Bump!!!

Someone must know where to get one ;-)

[quote name='David Nimrod' post='88974' date='Nov 15 2007, 03:10 PM']Hi guys, I want to get a brown tortoiseshell scratchplate for my MIM Jazz.

Anyone know where I can get a Fender one, or at least on that will fit ;-)

What I don't want to do is have to re drill screw holes, or anything like it!

Thanks in advance for any info.[/quote]

I have a MIA coming on Friday from a fellow BCer, and I think there may be a spare torty scratch plate with it.

I'll PM you if so.

Steve

Hi Dave

The plan nearly worked, I was expecting the bass to have the white pickguard fitted and the torty as the spare, and it came the other way round, and it looks great, so sorry mate but I am going to leave it like that.

You can have the white one, but that's probably not much good

Steve

[quote name='skywalker' post='93414' date='Nov 23 2007, 04:59 PM']Hi Dave

The plan nearly worked, I was expecting the bass to have the white pickguard fitted and the torty as the spare, and it came the other way round, and it looks great, so sorry mate but I am going to leave it like that.

You can have the white one, but that's probably not much good[/quote]

Hi Steve, no problem ;-)

And thanks for your helpful offer...

[quote name='Chopthebass' post='93735' date='Nov 24 2007, 12:34 PM']I'm having a similar problem. Can't find one to fit a MIM anywhere. The problem is that both the pickups on the MIM Jazzes are the same size, whereas on a American ones they are 91 & 94mm. So I'm going to make a template and do my own tortoishell plate![/quote]

I'm starting to think that the only way to get a Fender scratchplate to fit right is to get it made 'from scratch' ;-)

I haven't really got the money to do that for my MIM, as I may have to sell it early next year anyway...

However, if you know of anyone who can make one for about £25 I'd be interested, the WD one was £33!