Why become a member? ×

Hello

underdog

Hello all,

I've been a long time lurker of the forums, thought I'd say hello. During the early 80's I played guitar for an originals punk band but not done anything since. About 18 months ago a mate, who plays drums in a covers band, said they were looking for a bass player, I asked if I could give it a go, luckily they let me join and I've been loving it ever since. :)

I'm presently playing a white MIM Precision, which I love. Recently, I bought a Squier VM Jazz to use as a second bass, while this is really nice to play it just doesn't seem to 'fit' like the P does so isn't really getting a look in at the moment.

The Peavey rig I'm using is really heavy :rolleyes: and as I'm knocking on a bit, may be looking to go lightweight in the future so could be back on asking a few more questions or searching the for sale section.

Cheers all,
Colin

Welcome, I think there's a fair few of us knocking on a bit :)

I've got one of the tiny Benz Genz combo's (and extension speaker) and it's just amazingly lightweight - as I don't tend to play live (at the moment) it's perfect for my needs but it's amazing how lightweight some of the kit out there is - sorry going off on a tangent there....

EDIT: :rolleyes: Or even Genz Benz - good grief my old age is catching up with me :lol:

Edited by purpleblob