Why become a member? ×

FS OLP MM32 5 String Bass [Getting Harder to Find]

The GroovyPlucker

[attachment=48075:_Bp6I6_g...i5w___12.jpg][attachment=48076:_Bp6JVVw...BBQ___12.jpg][attachment=4807
7:OLP_MM32...idth_200.jpg]

Selling my recently aquired OLP MM32 5 String Bass.
It's in near mint condition, plays impeccably well, as near as good as any Musicman I've played. In fact, they're now discontinued, and this particular model is very eagerly sought.
Features basswood body, bolt-on North American maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, 34″ scale length, active electronics, two Musicman style pole pickups, 5-way pickup switch, volume and 3-band EQ controls.
This one is in Black Cherry Burst
Was gonna Mod this but am gassing after a lakland on here, this bass however would be a stingray killer when modded with say nordstrand pups and an aguilar preamp, but there are many routes you could go, works great as it is.

[size=5] £300[/size]

Edited by The GroovyPlucker

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='815610' date='Apr 22 2010, 11:13 PM']what combinations does the 5 way switch provide for the pickups?[/quote]

Hi,

Only just got it, bit seems to be neck pu, next not sure, middle is both pickups, next unsure, bridge obviously bridge pick up, it's the same arrangement as my stingray 4HH I had, and it don't sound too far away from it either. There's not much info on the net I've found yet as the OLP site is now shut down. There is an awful lot of tonalality to this bass, gigging it saturday night and who knows I might just keep it yet!

The GroovyPlucker

[quote name='The GroovyPlucker' post='815641' date='Apr 23 2010, 12:05 AM']Hi,

Only just got it, bit seems to be neck pu, next not sure, middle is both pickups, next unsure, bridge obviously bridge pick up, it's the same arrangement as my stingray 4HH I had, and it don't sound too far away from it either. There's not much info on the net I've found yet as the OLP site is now shut down. There is an awful lot of tonalality to this bass, gigging it saturday night and who knows I might just keep it yet!

The GroovyPlucker[/quote]

i used to own one of these. for the switch -

position 1 - neck pickup, humbucker
position 2 - both pickups, single coil, outer coils
position 3 - both pickups, humbuckers
position 4 - both pickups, single coil, inner coils
position 5 - bridge pickup, humbucker

these are fantastic basses, good look with the sale!

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='815777' date='Apr 23 2010, 09:08 AM']What are you looking at now Mark? That 55-02 by any chance?[/quote]

Hi Dave,

You know me so well, lol. I might just stick with this yet, am gigging it on Saturday night. But am tempted by the 55-02 yes. BTW Higgie now has your DJ5, believe he's gigging it somewhere in Essex at the weekend. How you getting on with your Musicman's?

The GroovyPlucker

[quote name='Tait' post='815644' date='Apr 23 2010, 12:17 AM']i used to own one of these. for the switch -

position 1 - neck pickup, humbucker
position 2 - both pickups, single coil, outer coils
position 3 - both pickups, humbuckers
position 4 - both pickups, single coil, inner coils
position 5 - bridge pickup, humbucker

these are fantastic basses, good look with the sale![/quote]

Thanks for that sir, much appreciated

[quote name='The GroovyPlucker' post='815836' date='Apr 23 2010, 09:53 AM']Hi Dave,

You know me so well, lol. I might just stick with this yet, am gigging it on Saturday night. But am tempted by the 55-02 yes. BTW Higgie now has your DJ5, believe he's gigging it somewhere in Essex at the weekend. How you getting on with your Musicman's?

The GroovyPlucker[/quote]

Mark.
Glad the DJ5 has gone to a good home. Who knows, one day i might end up with it again lol.
The 55-02 is a really nice bass. If i wasnt going through a MM phase at the moment i would also be very tempted.
Im getting rid of the DD (yeah, after all that hassle of getting one again), the idea was to get a "real" SR4 but Ive come to the conclusion that for the money, the Ray34 is a great bass. Ive been gigging it since i got it, not had the DD outside the house since feb. Still not 100% with the string spacing/neck width but its playable.
Ive got a Nordy going in it this weekend and that should be it. It looks fantastic (very close to the DJ5, all black and matching headstock) and still a few £100 lower than a second hand SR4.

So now im on the look out for a SR5. They seem to have a good string spacing, plus ill keep the tone i have now with the Ray34. (although i also have my eye on something else but thats just a possible maybe).

Good luck with the sale. I would be tempted in the OLP but its really not my colour.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='815861' date='Apr 23 2010, 10:06 AM']Mark.
Glad the DJ5 has gone to a good home. Who knows, one day i might end up with it again lol.
The 55-02 is a really nice bass. If i wasnt going through a MM phase at the moment i would also be very tempted.
Im getting rid of the DD (yeah, after all that hassle of getting one again), the idea was to get a "real" SR4 but Ive come to the conclusion that for the money, the Ray34 is a great bass. Ive been gigging it since i got it, not had the DD outside the house since feb. Still not 100% with the string spacing/neck width but its playable.
Ive got a Nordy going in it this weekend and that should be it. It looks fantastic (very close to the DJ5, all black and matching headstock) and still a few £100 lower than a second hand SR4.

So now im on the look out for a SR5. They seem to have a good string spacing, plus ill keep the tone i have now with the Ray34. (although i also have my eye on something else but thats just a possible maybe).

Good luck with the sale. I would be tempted in the OLP but its really not my colour.[/quote]

Hi,

You might struggle with the string spacing on it Dave, it's closer to my old Corvette $$ 5 string, and nowhere near as wide as the DJ5, it's ok for me as I've small fingers, but the Barts and preamp on the 55-02 swayed me, could mod the MM32 but I'll know more after saturdays gig, who knows, if sat lottery comes in I may have Nigel Tufnells guitar collection, lol,

Mark

Thanks Mark, thats good to know. Maybe ill have a re think.

My first ever Lakland was a 55-01, i thought it sounded great for a while but something wasn't right. I upgraded the pre to a MTMB but that didnt help so i guess it was the barts.
I know the 55-02 has a different set up though, im sure its going to sound great.

• 1 month later...