Why become a member? ×

AMPEG CAB SETTING

mik900

I have an Ampeg B410 HLF cab which I use with Ampeg SVT3 pro. I have the attenuation knob on the the back off, whats the best setting to have this on. I'm quite happy with my sound but just woundered what others do with the cab knob.

Mike

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='812735' date='Apr 20 2010, 04:37 PM']Always turn tweeters off, they don't like drive.[/quote]

Does Mike drive his sound then? Or did I miss something really obvious! lol

[quote name='dood' post='813036' date='Apr 20 2010, 08:57 PM']Does Mike drive his sound then? Or did I miss something really obvious! lol[/quote]

I kind of missed an 'I'. Mostly because everyone should use drive sometimes, and even when playing clean, you don't need what a tweeter does.

I have the ampeg b 4x10hlf and a hughes and kettner bk200. both these have the option to turn the tweeter on or off.

Using my Jag and having the tweeter on just gives a horrible hiss and by no means is this worth it for the sound it gives the amp. I would just keep them turned off.

Does anyone use theirs??????????????