Why become a member? ×

JOSH Barohn

metalmaniac

If anyone is familiar with the band suffocation, and their first album Effigy of the Forgotten, the bass is bloody brilliant.

By a guy named John Barohn.. but after first album he disappeared.. anyone know anything about him.

Kinda like Johan De Farfalla of Opeth.. although over on the metal forum (of which Akerfeldt is a member) they tracked him down and did an interview.

Edited by metalmaniac

yeah im at uni of nottingham doing MA in Social Work.

Steve digorgio is the man. pretty much the reason i have got two 5 string fretlesses. Im trying to get his three finger tech sorted n im getting there but its hard im at about 200bpm doing 8th notes.

Yeah well like i say my g/f stays in lboro so im usually there every weekend except this one coming up but we should def go.

[quote name='metalmaniac' post='88401' date='Nov 14 2007, 01:41 PM']If anyone is familiar with the band suffocation, and their first album Effigy of the Forgotten, the bass is bloody brilliant.

By a guy named John Barohn.. but after first album he disappeared.. anyone know anything about him.[/quote]

It's actually JOSH Barohn - he left Suffocation and joined Autopsy, playing on their '92 album 'Acts Of The Unspeakable'. Don't know what happened to him after that... He was supposed to be back in the reformed Suffocation (which Chris Richards - his former replacement - wasn't too happy about at the time) but I believe he had some 'problems' and they got Derek Boyer instead.

• 10 years later...
On 15/11/2007 at 00:11, metalmaniac said:

If anyone is familiar with the band suffocation, and their first album Effigy of the Forgotten, the bass is bloody brilliant.

By a guy named John Barohn.. but after first album he disappeared.. anyone know anything about him.

Kinda like Johan De Farfalla of Opeth.. although over on the metal forum (of which Akerfeldt is a member) they tracked him down and did an interview.

Josh Barohn is currently in Adelaide, South Australia. He runs his own band, Mammoth, since 2006.