Why become a member? ×

SOLD Fender American Deluxe Precision 2006 SOLD

EssentialTension

And here's a little more spec type info:

[b]FENDER AMERICAN DELUXE SERIES PRECISION BASS[/b]

[b]Body:[/b] Select Alder with Contoured Heel
[b]Neck:[/b] One Piece Graphite Reinforced Maple Neck with Abalone Dots, Modern "C" Shape, (Satin Urethane Finish)
[b]Fingerboard:[/b] Rosewood, 9.5" Radius (241 mm)
[b]No. of Frets:[/b] 22 Medium Jumbo Frets
[b]Pickups:[/b] Design Precision Bass Split Single-Coil Pickup (Mid), Humbucking Pickup (Bridge)
[b]Controls:[/b] Master Volume; Pan Pot; 3-Band Active EQ with: Treble Boost/Cut: +/- 10 db @ 8kHz, a shift in the cut frequency, and about a 2dB slope per octave; Mid Boost/Cut: +10dB, -15dB @ 500Hz, and a wide band slope; Bass Boost/Cut: +/- 12 db @ 40 Hz, with a 4dB slope per octave; 18 Volt Power Supply
[b]Pickup Switching:[/b] Pan Pot
[b]Bridge:[/b] Deluxe Chrome-Plated Steel Bridge Plate (Strings-Thru-Body or Top Load), with Nickel-Plated Brass Saddles
[b]Machine Heads:[/b] Hipshot Ultralite Tuning Machines
[b]Hardware:[/b] Chrome
[b]Scale Length:[/b] 34" (863.6 mm)
[b]Width at Nut:[/b] 1.625" (41.3 mm)
[b]Unique Features:[/b] Posiflex Graphite Neck Support Rods; 5-Bolt Neck Plate; Contoured Heel for Easier Access to Upper Frets; Abalone Dot Position Inlays; Rolled Fingerboard Edges; Highly Detailed Fret Work

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='817038' date='Apr 24 2010, 10:32 AM']And here's a little more spec type info:

[b]FENDER AMERICAN DELUXE SERIES PRECISION BASS[/b]

[b]Body:[/b] Select Alder with Contoured Heel
[b]Neck:[/b] One Piece Graphite Reinforced Maple Neck with Abalone Dots, Modern "C" Shape, (Satin Urethane Finish)
[b]Fingerboard:[/b] Rosewood, 9.5" Radius (241 mm)
[b]No. of Frets:[/b] 22 Medium Jumbo Frets
[b]Pickups:[/b] Design Precision Bass Split Single-Coil Pickup (Mid), Humbucking Pickup (Bridge)
[b]Controls:[/b] Master Volume; Pan Pot; 3-Band Active EQ with: Treble Boost/Cut: +/- 10 db @ 8kHz, a shift in the cut frequency, and about a 2dB slope per octave; Mid Boost/Cut: +10dB, -15dB @ 500Hz, and a wide band slope; Bass Boost/Cut: +/- 12 db @ 40 Hz, with a 4dB slope per octave; 18 Volt Power Supply
[b]Pickup Switching:[/b] Pan Pot
[b]Bridge:[/b] Deluxe Chrome-Plated Steel Bridge Plate (Strings-Thru-Body or Top Load), with Nickel-Plated Brass Saddles
[b]Machine Heads:[/b] Hipshot Ultralite Tuning Machines
[b]Hardware:[/b] Chrome
[b]Scale Length:[/b] 34" (863.6 mm)
[b]Width at Nut:[/b] 1.625" (41.3 mm)
[b]Unique Features:[/b] Posiflex Graphite Neck Support Rods; 5-Bolt Neck Plate; Contoured Heel for Easier Access to Upper Frets; Abalone Dot Position Inlays; Rolled Fingerboard Edges; Highly Detailed Fret Work[/quote]
Thanks for the extra info! PM'd again! :)

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='816647' date='Apr 23 2010, 08:08 PM']Thanks for your interest.

The bass is setup [i]close[/i] to the values that Fender give for bass guitars:

[b]For 9.5" to 12" radius:[/b]

[b]Relief at 8th fret[/b] = 0.012" (0.3 mm)

[b]Action at 17th fret 4th string[/b] = 6/64" (2.4 mm)

[b]Action at 17th fret 1st string[/b] = 5/64" (2 mm)

I have just taken all three measurements and they are very close to those figures, [i]tending to be very marginally higher[/i] by less than 1/64" in the case of the action, and 0.1 mm in the case of the relief. Given that I play with flats and consider myself to like a medium to high action I was surprised the measurement was so low.

So, 'a nice low action'? I think that's too subjective to call. If you want a particularly low or lower action then I suspect a tightening tweak on the truss rod and some adjustment of the bridge pieces could achieve it. If you were going to use different strings than the TI Jazz Flats which are on it now you would need to redo the setup anyway.

To me it's 'nice' as it is. Hi there any chance of you giving me a bell 02920 702644-as I am definetly interested in the bass.
must leave library now..6 or 7 pm? thanks mike[/quote]