Why become a member? ×

SOLD pending usual - quality FrankenFender p-bass with jazz neck

Paul S

For sale my FrankenFender p-bass in glossy black, black scratch plate, maple neck, gold hardware, EMG pickup. All quality fittings and nicely put together. I bought it in August last year from fellow basschatter Davetbass - [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=59113&hl=davetbass"]here is the thread[/url]. Put together nicely from quality bits - I believe the neck is Mighty Mite. No idea what the body started life as. There is a cheeky Fender JAzz decal on the headstock - neck is jazz skinny but a tad deeper than my Jaguar.

It looks magnificent. It plays and sounds just like you would expect. Generally it is in great condition -some buckle rash at the back, the front is largely blemish-free. There is a dink on the bottom end I have tried to picture. The finish at the rear base of the neck has been removed at some stage - I guess when fitting. The EMG pickup sounds great, though the output does seem less than my Jaguar bass. No idea if this is what you would expect but I thought I would mention it. I need to turn the amp up a tad to get the same volume, but when I do it performs nicely.

I bought it as a back up bass but have been well and truly bitten by the inscrutable Matsumoku bug and just bought a JapCrap one for this purpose - this has to go.

I would like £175 - if you come and pick it up from Benfleet in Essex that is what it would cost. Posted in a sturdy box and sent via Parcelforce 48 it would be £190. I have a tweed Fender-a-like hard case I don't require - posted in that would be £205. Collected in that £190.

[attachment=47318:PJ1.jpg][attachment=47319:PJ2.jpg][attachment=47320:PJ3.jpg][attachment=47321:PJ4.
jpg][attachment=47322:PJ5.jpg][attachment=47323:PJ6.jpg][attachment=47324:CASE1.jpg][attachment=4732
:CASE2.jpg]

Edited by Paul S

What is the pickup - is it an active EMG? Does it have the EMG decal?

[quote name='Paul S' post='806274' date='Apr 14 2010, 05:12 PM']For sale my FrankenFender p-bass in glossy black, black scratch plate, maple neck, gold hardware, EMG pickup. All quality fittings and nicely put together. I bought it in August last year from fellow basschatter Davetbass - [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=59113&hl=davetbass"]here is the thread[/url]. Put together nicely from quality bits - I believe the neck is Mighty Mite. No idea what the body started life as. There is a cheeky Fender JAzz decal on the headstock - neck is jazz skinny but a tad deeper than my Jaguar.[/quote]

Hi Jim

No decal and no batteries (but do active pups need batteries? I know pre-amps do . I have no idea)

Anyway, here is a pic:

[attachment=47449:PJ7.jpg]

And here is another dink I didn't take a pic of:

[attachment=47450:PJ8.jpg]

[quote name='Paul S' post='808431' date='Apr 16 2010, 02:14 PM']Sorry - I have too many as it is, otherwise I would probably keep it.[/quote]

No worries Paul, I'll see if it's still around after I've sold my Spector 5 string (.........although I doubt it)
John