Why become a member? ×

Sad to see her go......... Basses not females!?

bassatnight

Ok, I am just boxing up one of my favorite basses in my 25 year history of owning 4 stringers of various kinds, and was wondering how many of us regret letting good basses go?
the bass in question is a Sandberg California J/M in the most beautiful natural finish, with a range of punchy tones to die for! So why am I selling?

I have just purchased x2 old Aria SB's (a 1000 and a 700) in near mint condition and need to recoup the dosh as I am currently 'in between jobs' and guess what on the day I am packing it up for despatch I get a call 15 minutes ago with a job offer - meaning I could have held on to her...............Bugger!

Glad about the job but sad to see her go; at least she is going to a fellow basschatter!

Anyone out there with similar sad tales of lost loves? I could also go on about my first love Rachel.... but that's another story! lol

Steve.

Sold a Fender MIM Jazz when I went to uni about 5 years back

Standard bass except I changed the Bridge for a Badass II. I miss it every day. It was my first 'expensive' bass.

I found the guy I sold it too a few weeks back and offered to buy it back, he said no way he prefered it to his Zon :)

Still have the serial number though, everytime I see a Lefty Fender J for sale I check it out but still not found one close.

If I came into a large sum of money I would get 10 grand cash find the guy I sold it to and buy it back over any Custom Shop instrument