Why become a member? ×

Warwick Dolphin SN 4 string NEW PICS ADDED!!

stonecoldbass

Hello,
Along with my Sadowsky Metro, I'm also selling my Warwick Dolphin, purchased from Chrisdbass in here about 4 years ago. As far as I can tell Warwick are no longer manufacturing these basses and they are only available as a custom shop option making these a bit more sought after now. The playability on this instrument is fantastic, with a great feeling neck and smooth action. The tone is equally pleasing with growly mids, subby lows and smooth highs. The bass can be operated in both active and passive modes and has a 'coil tap' option which splits the bridge humbucker enabling it to act like a jazz bass with two J pups. I've used it on various sessions and it was also my main bass when I did cruise ship work in the caribbean and it has always stepped up to the mark.
The only issue with the bass is a small piece of plastic missing from the nut, but this has no effect on the playability of the bass. I really love this bass and only reason I'm selling is I'm moving to Australia for a year!
[attachment=47274:IMG_0227.JPG]
[attachment=48713:IMG_0184.jpg]
[attachment=48714:IMG_0185.jpg]
[attachment=48715:IMG_0192.jpg]
I'm looking for £750 ono plus shipping, or you're welcome to come try it out and collect it from Glasgow.
Thanks for looking,
Craig

Edited by stonecoldbass

[quote name='stonecoldbass' post='806192' date='Apr 14 2010, 04:17 PM']Hi WH
thanks for the info, if u wouldn't mind sticking a link up on the Warwick forum that'd be ace! Do u think it's listed too cheaply!?
Craig[/quote]

im working in Kirkintilloch today,,,I will do everyone a favour and go try out this bass and give a review hahaha,, plus hopefully get a cuppa t out the deal also..... :rolleyes:

Its so lonely being a sheriff officer :)

Metal and Country apparently!! I did some sessions where this was THE sound the producer wanted for the track! It really is a versatile beast and can cut through with thunderous chunk if that's what u need, or it can glue everything together in a buttery warm glow ;-)
craig

[quote name='stonecoldbass' post='826461' date='May 3 2010, 01:48 PM']I can't believe it's still here either whunt! Dodgdee - that's one awesome looking bass! You build that yourself? I'm open to offers on the Dolphin btw!
c[/quote]

Yeah, used to make them. Have a 4 string through neck, and that 6 semi fretless monster bolt on. Made them in around 1991-1992. Used to frequent Jimmy Moon's a fair bit around them - his advice was fantastic.

Really tempted by the Dolphin, but I've told the wife that we cannot afford a holiday this year, so I'm a bit scared to mentioned that I'm even looking at this beauty!

Hmm.....

[quote name='doogdee' post='826470' date='May 3 2010, 01:58 PM']Yeah, used to make them. Have a 4 string through neck, and that 6 semi fretless monster bolt on. Made them in around 1991-1992. Used to frequent Jimmy Moon's a fair bit around them - his advice was fantastic.

Really tempted by the Dolphin, but I've told the wife that we cannot afford a holiday this year, so I'm a bit scared to mentioned that I'm even looking at this beauty!

Hmm.....[/quote]

Here are another few pics: