Why become a member? ×

LMK effects loop

alhbass

Hello..

I use a MB LMK amp. Love it. But I have a question about the effects loop, which I haven't used much in the past.

I've found an effect I'd like to use occasionally - EHX Bass Balls (I have the Nano version). And I like it in the loop, rather than in the line between instrument and amp, as the effect is then a bit more subtle. A lot more subtle in fact.

But - the problem I'm having with it is that the pedal doesn't have an output level control, and there's a huge diiference in it's output between on and bypass. Consequently I can't switch the effect in and out within a song when playing live, without simultaneously adjusting the input gain on the amp - which is of course basically impossible.

Anyone have any helpful suggestions?

Would be glad to hear them if so.... Cheers.

[quote name='alhbass' post='805426' date='Apr 13 2010, 09:56 PM']Hello..

I use a MB LMK amp. Love it. But I have a question about the effects loop, which I haven't used much in the past.

I've found an effect I'd like to use occasionally - EHX Bass Balls (I have the Nano version). And I like it in the loop, rather than in the line between instrument and amp, as the effect is then a bit more subtle. A lot more subtle in fact.

But - the problem I'm having with it is that the pedal doesn't have an output level control, and there's a huge diiference in it's output between on and bypass. Consequently I can't switch the effect in and out within a song when playing live, without simultaneously adjusting the input gain on the amp - which is of course basically impossible.

Anyone have any helpful suggestions?

Would be glad to hear them if so.... Cheers.[/quote]

has the amp got an effects loop level control. I know my boogie 400+ had this and it made it easy to adjust the relative volumesl.

[quote name='thebassman' post='805467' date='Apr 13 2010, 10:23 PM']has the amp got an effects loop level control. I know my boogie 400+ had this and it made it easy to adjust the relative volumesl.[/quote]

Sadly not - clearly that would solve the problem...

[quote name='s1ater' post='805688' date='Apr 14 2010, 08:41 AM']You could run a volume pedal after the bass balls[/quote]

+1 there's a few units that out thier that can increase or decrease input level, placed after the baseballs it would keep you volume level, a few by boss, GEB-7 LMB-3, or indeed you could get a volume pedal.

Does it keep the same level when between guitar and amp?

The reason for this I think, is that the LMK (like the LMII and SA450) have, by default , a parallel effects loop, in other words its a 50/50 blend of effect versus clean signal.

There are looper pedals that have a blend control, and no doubt SIlentFly from SFX can make you one with a total output as well as a blend for when the loop is engaged.

Use that instead of the less controllable effects loop on the LMK. That would solve your problem completely...