Why become a member? ×

Line6 Backtrack+mic recorder

solo4652

Hi all,

I'm looking for a really simple digital recorder that I can use to record band rehearsal. I'll need to download files to pc afterwards. I won't be editing or anything - just using the files to practise-jam with.

According to the manufacturer, this will record a band, even though it was originally designed to record a single guitar or bass:

[url="http://www.soundsliveshop.com/p/Line_6_BackTrack_+_Mic/L6-EX-BACKTRACKMIC"]http://www.soundsliveshop.com/p/Line_6_Bac...EX-BACKTRACKMIC[/url]

Anybody used one to record a band at rehearsal? Any good?

All comments gratefully received,

Steve

Edited by solo4652

Well, so far so good. The Backtrack+mic is really simple, small and straightforward gadget to use. I've used it as a stand-alone digital recorder to record band rehearsal and it worked surprisingly well. 5-piece band in a small room, overall volume not too loud, but still pushing my 75W practice amp to max. You just turn it on and leave it. As soon as the band starts playing, it starts recording. At the ned of a song, as long as everybody is quiet for a couple of seconds it stops recording automatically. You simply press a button to keep the track. Plug it into your PC USB port and it's simplicity itself to open the files. Audio files are kept as WAV files - easy enough to convert to MP3 if you want to. Certainly good enough for later bedroom practice, which is all I needed. £50 used from Ebay - bargain.

Steve