Why become a member? ×

Anyone recognise the Model of this Lakland?

davebass66

Ok so i was in Denmark St yesterday and wandered into Wunjo's for the first time. They had a lakland which caught my eye, it played pretty well as well. However, even on close inspection i couldn't figure out the model or year etc... (no one in the shop seemed to know either)!

It looks to me as if the controls are modified but otherwise looks pretty straight up.

What do you guys make of it? any info you can give me?

Dave

A Lakland Skyline neck on a dodgy Jazz body is what it looks like...

Lakland have never made a bass like that in the Skyline series or USA series.

And the truss rod recess in the body is poorly done, not the signs of a quality production bass. If it were a prototype, I doubt Dan Lakin would use anything other than a Lakland Oval bridge too - It's just all wrong apart from the neck.

I'd avoid it, just because it would be so difficult to resell at best, and other than that it's just a bit of a cut and shut of a bass.

Trav

I reckon that would be [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=69592&hl=prosebass"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...mp;hl=prosebass[/url] and actually I'm pretty sure about it, cos it's mine. :)

I really, REALLY hope that no one in Wunjo's told you that was a Lakland. It's a Lakland neck (off a JO5) with a really nice 'bitsa' built about it by our very own Paul Rose (Prosebass) in Chorley.

That's a really cracking bass if what you want is a solid player, rather than an investment. The tone is superb, and the build is bullet-proof.

Read the thread (above) and the others that it links to, if you're interested just drop me a PM.

Ah that makes more sense. thanks Jack.

Yes unfortunately they were selling it as a lakland...even when i questioned some of the build and components they stood firm...are they selling it on behalf of you? maybe have a word!

TBH just this evening i've seen a 2nd hand Lakland 55-01 for £635 which i might go for....need to convince to part with my GB first tho!
(Whilst i'm aware this makes me sound like a lunatic unfortunately i need the extra GB money for a new laptop)! damn money!

Edited by davebass66