Why become a member? ×

Really can't be arsed

Linus27

[quote name='hubrad' post='800995' date='Apr 9 2010, 04:17 PM']Maann! After a gig is usually the time I'm most in love with playing![/quote]

Its more the packing up and loading it all back in the cars, 2 hour (sometimes) drive home, knowing ill be up by 8am because the kids are up.

Edited by dave_bass5

Been through this a few times, I think its difficult to juggle a young family with the gigs etc as your kids are at the age when they need to spend time with you. I also have had to fit music around my job which pays ok but involves shift work which impacts on family time and availability for gigs.

But...now I'm 51 and have become a cash point/taxi service for my kids who are in their teens I'm gigging more than ever in two covers bands and an originals project on the side.
The gigs have now become a way of keeping my sanity after a week at work and a way of me and the wife having a good night out.
I think most of us that keep playing end up in covers bands but if you play music you love it's great fun.

Anyway,have a break from it ,put your gear away for a year before deciding to sell anything and see how you feel in a years time.