Why become a member? ×

Carlsbro 100W 1x15 8 Ohm

Alien

This is a 100 Watt Carlsbro 1x15 cab rated at 8 Ohms. Don't be fooled by the low power rating - I've been running this with a Crate Powerblock and it gets loud.

It's pretty old (my guess is mid '80s), but in good condition for its age. A few nicks in the tolex and some scuffs on the corners is about as bad as it gets. The grille looks like some sort of heavy fishnet stretched on a wooden frame. The driver is a cast-frame H&H.

Dimensions are approx. 640x480x350mm, weight is approx. 22kg.

I've put new gasketing under the speaker (the old stuff was shot), and stapled some foam round the inside of the cab, which really improved the sound.

Here's a couple of photos:

[attachment=46608:PICT0952.JPG] [attachment=46609:PICT0955.JPG]

This would make a great extension cab for anyone running a lower-powered (under 200 watts) combo, or just a cheap knockabout cab to use with a low powered amp.

I'm after £30 collected for this - could post I guess, but it'd probably double your costs. SOLD

Cheers

Andy

[quote name='umph' post='799171' date='Apr 7 2010, 08:19 PM']intrested could you get a quote for how much it'd cost to post?[/quote]

You're currently third in the queue, but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

A

A classic cab - well as regards my heritage anyway.

I have one the same, must have been bought around 1984 from Windows in Newcastle. £104 if I remember correctly!

Mine's now got a 250w Trace Elliot / Celestion 15" driver in it which perked it up no end - good, solid cab.